🍀 Xiao | A Gift ✨

Hello :)
Since it's April 1st, why not spend it with a story! Hehe :]

---

You can't resist to run as fast as you could when you heard that Xiao was hurt. Verr Goldet had sent you a familiar with a letter that says you are appealed to go back to Wangshu Inn for the day to get things better.

You are in the middle of a food delivery when you received the letter, so you sprint as fast as you can to Chef Mao, who you supposed to deliver the food ingredients to, then quickly excuse yourself to him without a second.

Travelling in Teyvat has been quite fun for you, specially after you met Xiao. Even though you rarely see him in your travels but you obviously have butterflies in your stomach everytime you see him.

When you first met Xiao, it's a little annoying for you to face someone who have no expression in his face and no affection in his tone. But, as you talked to the adeptus a few times more and spend time with Verr Goldet, somehow you find Xiao very serious, yet responsible. Verr Goldet even gave you a special room that only you can take in the inn, since you often come there to see Xiao.

After thousands of sprinting along the way, you finally arrived at Wangshu Inn. You greet a few villagers there, then rush into the inn upstairs.

"Verr Goldet! I'm here!" You said the boss of the inn.

"Oh, Y/N, you're finally back! I really missed your visit! You have received my letter, I presume?" asked Verr Goldet with her smile.

"Yes, I just arrived from Liyue Harbor after your familiar sent me that letter. So, what's the story with Xiao, boss?" you asked directly. It's not like Xiao to be hurt in his travels slaugthering demons.

"Well, why don't you asked him yourself? He's in the usual place," Verr Goldet giggled. Then, she gives you a key. "Here's your room key if you want to stay. I've kept your private room nice and clean in case you come here."

"Ah, thanks, boss!" You said, happily received the key.

You run into the place where you always met Xiao, the inn's balcony. You slowed your steps there and look around.

"Xiao?" you called in confusion, as you didn't see anyone there.

You started to feel weird about this. You know that Xiao is usually didn't reveal himself in front of people, but if he's currently hurt, shouldn't he be here resting?

"Hey, Xiao, where are you?" you shouts again, your hands grabs the fence of the balcony.

Still no sign of him.

You closed your eyes, feeling the light breeze in this little village, when suddenly a voice lightens your ears.

"What are you doing here?"

You reflexively glance to the source of the voice. Your eyes widen as you see the adeptus appears beside you with his arms folded in front of his chest.

"X-Xiao?" Your voice suddenly cracked.

"Hm." Xiao closed his eyes and tilt his head down seeing your reaction.