Chapter 2

(Y/n)'s POV

As I forced my eyes to pry open to face the sunlight I mentally prepared myself for the day ahead of me. I guess today will be my first time as a teacher, looking down at myself I was glad that I wasn't a part of Stein's experiment. Getting up from my bed I walked to my bag to find what I should wear for the day.

Unzipping the bag I pulled out my (f/c) shirt with a black pair of jeans, after fixing my hair I walked out the door to see Stein aggressively typing at his computer. I swear he was going to break his keyboard if he kept up at this speed. I looked over his shoulder to see what he was typing, it looked like some sort of test he was writing for his class, man do I ever feel bad for those kids. What brought me out of my thoughts was the sound of Stein's voice breaking the sound of his typing.

"(y/n), you're awake." he said looking at me.

I flinched backing away from his side slightly "y-yeah I did, I was just seeing why you were typing so hard on your keyboard, is something wrong?"

He looked back to his computer then back to me "There's nothing wrong, (y/n), this is just how I normally am." he pushed his chair back only for it to flip over causing him to land on his back.

A small giggle left my lips as I watched him get back up onto his feet, I tried to not be too loud. He just looked at me I could see the small grin creep onto his lips. Putting the chair back into it's place he started to print off some papers and stapling them.  I figured that I should leave him be for now, I decided to walk around the house a bit to get more familiar with the area. I found a couple rooms with some lab equipment which didn't surprise me too much, I mean come on, it's Stein we're talking about here. 

After I had finished my exploring I decided to prepare Stein and myself something to eat before we headed to the DWMA. There wasn't much but I had enough for a small meal, it was enough to feed the both of us. I took the two plates and walked back to Stein, who I found asleep at his desk.

"Did he not sleep last night?" I thought to myself as I set his plate down.

I looked around and found his jacket then gently placed it on his shoulders. I made my way to the coffee table and started eating. Sometimes I wonder if that man ever has time to take care of himself, if not, he now has me for the time being. While cleaning up my plate after I had finished eating I could hear movement in the main room, Stein must be up. I didn't pay much mind to it and continued to clean up.

Stein's POV

I didn't sleep very well last night due to my urges to rip open (y/n) to see what she looked like on the inside. After I had woken up from my small rest I noticed that (y/n) had left something beside me to eat. Why was she taking care of me? It's been years since anyone's done that. After I had finished I made my way to the kitchen where I saw (y/n) standing by the sink she wasn't moving. It was like she was frozen in place, the room was silent other than the sound of running water from the tap.

I slowly made my way over to her trying to see if she was responsive. Gently I placed my hand on her shoulder which made her flinch and look at me. I could see the streams of tears on her face, had I done something wrong? Why was she crying? I don't understand. Before I knew it she quickly made her way back to her room before I could say anything, I just stood there in the kitchen trying to process what had just happened.

(Y/n)'s POV

I just stood there staring at the water, the last person I took care of was my little brother Ai. He had a run in with some witches when he was just 17, I tried to save him but they killed him before I even got there. I should've been there sooner. I should've been there to protect him! I'm a Death Scythe I should've seen this coming when I first had a feeling!

Little did I know it but I had started crying, a hand on my shoulder brought me back to reality and I turned around to see Stein. Shoot, he saw me crying I quickly made my escape upstairs. After closing the door I slowly slid down to the floor drowning myself in my own thoughts. What if the same thing happens with one of the students at the DWMA....? I don't want to lose anyone else.

After I thought about it some more I took my bag and made my way downstairs. To my surprise Stein was no where to be seen, so I decided to make my way to the school. Hopefully I'll be able to protect this children, more than I did with Ai, he didn't deserve what happened to him.

I looked up at the school after I had made my way up the stairs, I could see many different groups of students, some stood out to me. There were 7 of them, a girl with blond pigtails, a black coat and soft green eyes. A boy with hair as white as snow and bold red eyes. Another boy with blue spiked hair and a star tattoo on his shoulder, with him a taller black haired girl, she seemed sweet. Next was a boy with black hair with 3 stripes, he reminded me of Death, was he his son I had heard about? With him were two girls who looked like sisters. After observing them for a bit I made my way into the school.

"Now.... which classroom did he say it was....?" I said looking down the hallway.

"Why hello there" said a flirtatious voice as I felt an arm around me, "and who might you be?"

I turned to see the face of none other but Spirit Albarn, the one kid I remember from school and stayed away from.

"Spirit, long time no see, I see you haven't changed one bit." I said removing myself from his arm.

"Wait (y/n)??? I haven't seen you since school! How have you been???" He said looking me over.

"I've been better, now, I'll you'll excuse me I must make it to my classroom, do you know if they moved the Cresent Moon classroom?" He just shook his head.

"Nope, same place it's always been, but it's better now! My Maka is in that class!" He said gushing over who I assumed was his daughter before pausing "Wait, Stein teaches that class, I guess you're working with him!"

I paused for a minute, I'll have to work with Stein? I guess that could be why Lord Death set me up to stay with him so we could get a long better. Spirit grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the classroom.

"And here we are m'lady." He said opening the door.

I thanked him and walked inside to see Stein sitting at his desk deep in thought. I walked by him to look at the chalk board which he had written on, it was nothing special, just the fact that they had a test today. Shortly after the bell rang, time to get today started.

AN:

Hellooooooo, A bit of a longer chapter for you guys! I really need to update more often but seeing as I have a job and a youtube channel it's hard to keep track of where I am 🤣 anyway! I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you guys soon! Byeeee!