Chapter 7

A/N:

Hahaha, so um... hi, I'm not dead, I try to update when I can but life gets in the way ;^; I'm so sorry guys I hope you can forgive me TT^TT Also, if there are any parts from the Soul Eater anime featured in my story please lemme know in the comments!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stein's POV:

After no luck with Lord Death in figuring out everything I can about (y/n) I left the Death Room in defeat. Maybe when she wakes up she can tell me, but after that dream, I can't stop thinking about it. It reminded me too much of the things we protect the students from, could she really become such a monster?

Shaking my head I paused infront of the infirmary. I wanted to see her, but I couldn't bring myself to open the door. I hated ro admit it, but I've been having strange emotions lately since she's been in there. I can't quite understand it, is it loneliness? Guilt? No no no, it can't be.... yet another mystery I must figure out. I can't stand having all of these questions in my head without answers, I'm a scientist, I should be able to figure these things out. Tomorrow is another day, maybe tomorrow I will get answers.

Lovely little time skip~

(Y/n)'s POV:

I stood in a room with tall red pillars, it seemed so familiar, where would I know thing place from? Walking around I could hear my footsteps echoing around me. There was no one around, but, I didn't feel alone. This made me feel very uneasy. It's like having the feeling that someone is looking over your shoulder, but no one is there.

I soon came across this large sack of what looked like a bag of skin being held in the air by chains. Why do I know this place? Have I dreamed about it before? No no, I've been here, but when was I? I don't even remember how I got here. I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard a voice.

"(Y/n)..... long time no see, I've missed you." I couldn't tell where the voice was coming from, no matter which direction I turned to, no one.

"Now now, no need to act scared, you know me. You must free me (y/n) you have what I need." A man slowly emerged from the floor wrapped in bandages.

"W-who are you?" I managed to speak out which made him grin.

"My my, I guess it has been a long time if you don't remember who I am." He chuckled "I can feel your fear from here, no need to be afraid, I'm not going to kill you just yet. I still need you." He stepped closer, I went to step back but I was frozen in place.

His hands wrapped around my jaw, "Now, I need you to do me a favor, you have to wake up, you have work to do." He said squeezing my jaw tightly.

Soon I woke up with a jolt, the scene around me different, why am I in the DWMA infirmary? What happened? I looked down to my arms to see some IV tubes in my arm. How long have I been here? I looked out the window, it was day light at least, the clock on the other side of the wall read 12:30. Okay, I now know the time, but what day is it?

Next thing I knew the door opened and Medusa walked in.

"Ah, (y/n)! I'm glad to see that you're awake! You were really starting to worry us." She smiles as she walked over to me with her clip board.

"I didn't mean to worry anyone.... h-how long was I out?" I say up in the bed slightly, my arms feeling very heavy.

"Roughly 3 weeks," she looked at her clip board, "Now I'm going to need to run a few tests to see how you're doing, does that sound okay?" She glanced at me from her clipboard, I responded with with slight nod.

After Medusa finished her tests and recording her results she just took a minute to look at me.

"You're going to have to stay in here for a couple more days, just to get your strength up." She said putting her clipboard to the side.

"That sounds fine to me, to be honest my arms feel pretty heavy." I said looking down to my arms.

"That is completely normal, it will stop with some time, but for now I suggest you get some rest, I shall inform others that you are awake." And with that she left the room.

Three weeks huh? I've never felt so lost in my life. I couldn't stop thinking about that man I saw in my dream, I know him. He's in my memories somewhere, I just know it. Who is he? The loud sound of the door slaming open startled me and drew my attention to that direction.

Stein's POV:

I can't believe it's been 3 weeks and I've gotten no where with my investigation. A bunch of leads but no results. This was starting to drive me mad. I need answers, I can't keep dead ends. I've been going harder on the students out of my own anger. I couldn't help it, it needed to be let out some how.

Sitting at my desk deep in thought, only coming back to reality when someone tapped on my shoulder. It was Medusa.

"What do you want?" I said with a slight groan.

She whispered something to me, I stood quickly from my chair and ran out of the classroom. I've never run down a hallway so fast in my life, I don't even remember opening the door to the infirmary, next thing I knew I was looking at (y/n)'s eyes as she sat up in the bed.

"(Y/n), you're awake." I sighed.

She smiled "Hello Stein."

AN:

I had a dream of this last night for some reason? Like, I don't know, I just thought I would write it anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed ;^; also don't mind any spelling mistakes, I have a bad habit of writing these in the middle of the night, I'll eventually go back and fix them 🤣 anyway see you guys later byeee!!!