Chapter 4

(Yn)'s POV:

After training with the students I walked down the streets of Death City with my hands in my pockets. I hung my head as I walked, deep in thought. I knew something was coming but I couldn't place my finger on it.

"Maybe I shouldn't worry too much about it. I'm sure if there was something wrong Death would've told me." I said sitting on a ledge looking over some buildings.

Looking around the area memories from my childhood came to mind. This is the place that I use to take Ai after school. We used to go for walks and talk about what we learned. I looked over the area and remembered everything I felt during those days. The happiness, joy and even sometimes sadness, those days are gone now no way of getting them back. Before I knew it the sun had set and it was starting to get dark.

"Huh, guess I stayed out here longer than I should've. I shoud head back." I stood from the ledge only to hear quick movement from  behind me. Turning around I saw a bunch of mice.

"Just a group of rats...." I sighed and started to head back to Stein's house.

Stein's POV:

I looked out the window waiting for (y/n) to come home. It had been hours after school, she should be home by now. Where is she? After hearing what Spirit had to say I wanted to know more. I'm not sure how else I'm going to be able to understand her. (Y/n) has a broken look in her eyes, she tries to hide it with a smile but you can't fool me. I need to figure out why in order to help her.

Getting up from my chair I hear the door open. It was (y/n), she seems to be zoned out making her way to the stairs. Without thinking I grabbed her hand.

(Y/n)'s POV:

I had been drowning in my thoughts, Ai's death, memories from our childhood and all my bottled up emotions. I was soon snapped out of my thoughts by someone grabbing my hand, it was Stein. I don't even remember walking into the house. As soon as our eyes met I could feel mine start to blur with tears, I couldn't help it, I was drowning and needed saving. He looked taken aback from the sudden change in mood and unsure on what to do other than stroke my hand with his thumb.

"I really wish you would tell me more about you (y/n), you don't need to keep hiding anymore." Stein spoke in a soft and quiet voice.

"Tonight is not the night," I said clearing my tears "Perhaps another night, good night Stein." I said taking my hand from his making my way upstairs.

Stein's POV:

I watched (y/n) walk up the stairs, I stood there with my arm still slightly extended. Had I said something wrong? Is her past something too had for her to speak of? I stood there for a while flooding myself with thoughts.

~Time Skip To Next Day~

Still Stein's POV:

I walked up the stairs to the academy turning the screw in my head. How will I be able to bring thus topic softly to (y/n)? Maybe Lord Death has some information to help me understand more. As I made my way to the top I could see (y/n) talking to Soul and Maka. They seem to be getting along, it seems (y/n) has been helping them increase their skills.

Taking a good look at (y/n) I could still see she was as broken as she was last night. I need to know what's causing so much pain, it's driving me mad. The thought of not knowing what causes someone so much pain, what a troubling thought. Shaking my head I made my way into the school heading towards the Death Room.

"Ah Stein! How's it going? Good to see ya!" Lord Death said in his usual cheery voice.

"I need some information about (y/n), I need to know what she's gone through. I know there's more to her than you lead on about." Lord Death paused for a moment.

"I guess some things can't hide forever can they?" He said looking at the mirror.

AN:....... I'm so sorry- I- I don't even have an excuse just ahhhhhh I've been so busy because I have 2 jobs now I'm so sorry TT^TT but anyway I'm sorry for the shorter chapter, I hope you enjoyed anyway. I'll see you guys later, oh! If you have any ideas/moments from the anime to add to the story please let me know! Okay bye guys love you all!