•1•

•Hana's POV•

     I sat curled up on the small gray chair in mine and Buckys' living room, he was having one of those weeks and during these type of weeks he wanted to sleep with the TV on, I didn't mind though, I sat there with a fluffy blanket around me as I stared at the screen of my phone, I kept replaying the video from Sam's speech today as he gave in Steve's shield.
"Steve represented the best in all of us, courageous, righteous, hopeful. And he mastered posing stoically, the world has been forever changed...a few months ago, billions of people reappeared after five years away, sending the world into turmoil, we need new heroes, one suited for the times we're in. Symbols...are nothing without the women and men that give them meaning, and this thing...I don't know if there's ever been a greater symbol, but it's more about the man who's propped it up and he's gone. So, today we honor Steve's legacy but also, we look to the future...so thank you Captain America, but this belongs to you."
    I sighed at his speech and I shut off my phone yet I checked the time and it read 3:12 I sighed and I looked next to the chair seeing Bucky sleeping peacefully curled up in the blanket I reached my hand down and I ran my fingers through his hair and I sighed, I pulled my hand back but as soon as I did I saw him start to breath really hard "James?" I asked worried as he whimpered and he shook, he was having a nightmare again.
     "Bucky." I called again sitting up on the edge the chair I watched as he shot up and looked around looking for me, "Hey hey I'm right here." I spoke sliding down in the floor in front of him. "I had another one." He muttered with his head in his hands "I know it's ok." I spoke softly grabbing his hand and holding it I gazed down at the dog tags he was wearing and I spotted his wedding ring I looked back up at him and sighed "I'll get you some water." I started to stand up and he grabbed my hand "No stay." He looked up at me with doe eyes.
      I grabbed my blanket and laid down next to him I covered us up and he immediately held onto me tightly "I love you James you know that?" I asked looking down at his head on my torso, "I know, and I love you too." He mumbled sleepily in my shirt and I sighed, "Get some rest Love." I said running my fingers through his hair and he held me tighter afraid to go back to sleep. "It's ok." He mumbled not even two seconds after that he passed back out more peaceful then he was before.

•Timeskip to the next day•

I sat in the office in a chair across from James and his therapist. "So Mr.Barnes are you still having nightmares?" She asked but he was staring intensely next to me but I ignored it "James I asked you a question, are you still having nightmares?" He looked at me and I knew he was gonna lie "No." He lied right through his teeth making me sigh and look at my hands to play with my ring. "We've been doing this long enough that I can tell you're lying, and your wife is right there I could ask her, but you seem a little off today, did something happen recently?" She explained making me look at her and I nodded so she knew.
"No." He lied again "You're a civilian now, with your history the government needs to know that you're not gonna.." She makes stabbing motions with her hands making James look at me "It's a condition of your pardon, so tell me about your most recent nightmare." She was eager to get it out of him I could tell. "I didn't have a nightmare." He lied once more making me roll my eyes.

•no ones POV•

   Dr.Raynor took in a deep breath and grabbed her pen "Oh come on really? you're gonna do the notebook thing?why it's passive aggressive." Bucky sat there annoyed occasionally glancing at his wife who sat there playing with her ring. "You don't talk, I write or I ask Mrs.Barnes pick." Raynor started to write down on her notebook. "Okay, okay I crossed a name off my list of my amends yesterday, don't worry I used all of your three rules." Bucky defend with a sigh making Hana look up at him.
    "You didn't tell me." She had confusion in her voice "He didn't tell you?" Raynor asked looking at her and Hana shook her head no "Ok anyway, Senator Atwood, she was a HYDRA pawn for years helped her get into office when I was the Winter Soldier, Hana was her assistant at the time, and after HYDRA disbanded her she continued to abuse the power I gave her." Bucky explain earning a look from Hana, "So rule number one you can't do anything illegal." Raynor cocked her head to the side and watched him.
   "All I did was give some intel to the aide to convict her and I wasn't involved in anything else." He watched Hana as she knew he was lying she could see it in his eyes. "Rule number two?" Raynor asked again "What was rule number two?" Bucky asked to himself looking off "Nobody gets hurt, it's a big one." Raynor snapped at him "Then why isn't it rules number one? I didn't hurt anybody... I promise." He spoke looking at the floor making Hana shift in her seat and sigh.
    "And what about rule number three? The whole point of making amends is to fulfill rule number three" Raynor explained looking at Hana noticing her sudden movements. "You know you're a cynic Doc of course I completed rule number three.. I am no longer The Winter Soldier, I am James Bucky Barnes and you're part of my efforts to make amends." Bucky explained with a fake smile at the end.
     Hana shifted her head to the side and gave him the "Don't be an asshole" look. "So, you did it all right, but it didn't help with the nightmares." Raynor explained calling him out
"Well like I said I didn't have any." Hana watched as her husband wasn't helping himself in this situation "Look... One day you're gonna have to open up, understand that some people really do want to help you, and that they can be trusted, just like you trust Mrs.Barnes." She explained looking over Hana who weakly smiled. "I trust people, and Hana." Bucky sighed.
     "Yeah? give me your phone." She command sitting her book down he handed her the phone and he sighed "You don't have ten numbers on this thing...oh and you've been ignoring the text from Sam, look you've gotta nurture friendships, Mrs.Barnes and I are the only people you have called all week, that is so sad." Raynor threw Bucky back his phone and he caught it, "You're alone, no offense to Mrs.Barnes, you're a hundred years old, you have no history, you have no family, all you have is Hana." She explain getting him stirred up "Are you lashing out at me Doc? because that's really unprofessional you know?when did that start? yelling at your clients- He was cut off but Raynor grabbing her book again and Hana speaking up "James please be nicer." He looked at her and sighed "The notebook and the and wife that's great... all right give me a break I'm trying okay? this isn't this is new for me, I didn't have a moment to deal with anything you know? I had a little calm in Wakanda and being with Hana but other then that, I've just been from one fight to another for 90 years."
      Hana sighed feeling guilty now for getting help sooner and healing better then Bucky leaving him behind "So, now that you've stopped fighting, what do you want?" Raynor asked, his face twitched and he spoke "Peace." "That is utter bullshit." Raynor spoke loudly making Hana snap her head at her and wince "You are a terrible shrink, my wife could do better." Bucky raised his voice a little as well. "I was an excellent soldier, so I saw a lot of dead bodies and I know how they can shut you down, and if you are alone with only Hana that is the quietest most personal hell, and James it is very hard to escape, look I know that you have been though a lot, but you've got your mind back, you have Hana here to guide you, you are being pardoned, I mean these are good things... you're free." Raynor explained.
     Hana nodded and her and Bucky made eye contact "To do what?" He asked looking back at Raynor.

•Time skip to leaving the office + Hanas POV•

    I stood quietly outside of the building waiting for Bucky to be done, I watched as he walked out and down the steps to me "Love you can't keep doing that lying thing." I spoke putting on my sunglasses and he looked down at me, "I don't want to tell her everything I do." Bucky told by hand and I walked on his right "I know but that's what she does for a living." I explained looking off in front of us "I know Doll but still." Bucky sighed and I rubbed his arm.