•18•

•hanas POV•

   I let out a sigh hearing sounding whooshing and grunting, I let out a small groan feeling the sickness in my stomach and opening my eyes slowly as the sun hit them making me wince I looked down seeing I was laying on top of a sleeping Bucky and I smiled seeing his calm face I looked over seeing the boys playing with the shield they let out a loud grunt casing Bucky to jump underneath me he looked at me then at the boys and waved "Hey." He smiled and the boys rushed to put it up the eldest smiled back at us and ran of with his brother Buckys smile faded as he saw the shield "You're not gonna tell me hey?" I asked sitting up a little making him look at me "Good morning to you as well sunshine." He smiled pushing my hair back "Morning soldier." I mumbled leaning down and kissing him on the head he held me in his grasp and sighed "It'll take them time to get used to you." I spoke out looking at the shield "I know, do you think it's right if we stay here?" He bad concern in his voice and licked my lips and looked up at him. "If it brings you just as much peace as Wakanda did then I say we go for it." I spoke making him sigh and rub my stomach "Stable place for that little one."He spoke making my face tint pink and I rolled my eyes "I'm not even a month James." I spoke sitting up on his lap and he placed a hand on my stomach "I don't care? there is still our baby in there." He smiled looking at my torso making me smile and gave major butterflies. "As much as I love you James Sam needs our help this morning." I spoke sliding off and standing up stretching "Mm you're right." "I always am."
       We walked in the empty pier to the boat I could hear Sam grunting and the sound of a wrench on the cold metal pipes, Bucky helped me down into the bottom down the ladder and he followed Bucky "Push the stopper." Sam spoke as Bucky reached for the crowbar and held it as Sam worked with the wrench I looked around seeing all the old wires and the smell of old and salt crowded my nose making my stomach feel a little weak, "Thanks." He spoke "Yep." James spoke walking to the other side "Hey, start loosing those bolts." Sam spoke making me look at him "You better sit this one out Hana." Sam smiled at me making me smile and roll my eyes "Just because i'm a little pregnant doesn't mean I can't help." I spoke crossing my arms making the two men in front of me smile, we had pulled everything out of the boat and onto the pier and people from around started to come and work on there things "Ok so-"Excuse me No!" Sam was cut off by his sister waking over "There should be a 3/16 bolt that goes in the big gear." Sam spoke "Nope." I spoke looking at the manual "You didn't even look" "I don't have to." "I told you specifically that the water pump was not the problem and yet here you are." Sarah spoke eyeing Bucky making me squint my eyes "Yep Samual." Buck spoke making me roll my eyes and scoff "In our defense we were supposed to be done long before you woke up." Sam spoke looking up at her and throwing his hands up "I don't come up to the sky to tell you had a barrel roll so don't come down here and mess around with things you don't understand." She spoke pointing at the contraption in front of us "Wow, wow." Sam spoke acting hurt "Bye off. thank you guys appreciate you." Sarah spoke as we stood up "Love you bro." She spoke as we walked off "She's a very mean person." Sam spoke "It's tough love." I spoke patting his back making him look at me "No if you did what I told you do we would've been done before any of this took place." "There is no such thing." Bucky spoke making me smile "There's a prowess that goes into my madness." Sam spoke "Ha yeah ok Sam." I walked next to him making him ruffle my hair and push me away "So rude Samual." Bucky spoke to him making Sam laugh.
       Sam threw the shield and it collided with the tree, he grabbed it and threw it again hitting the pads around the tree "Feels weird...picking it up again." He spoke looking at us he threw it and it came back Bucky grabbing it staring at him "The legacy of that shield it's complicated to say the least." "When Steve told us what he was planning, I don't think we understood what it felt like for a Black man to be handed the shield." Bucky spoke making me look up at him "How could we? we owe you an apology. I'm sorry." I spoke up as Bucky handed back the shield and they looked at me "Thank you.""Whatever happened with Walker, it wasn't your fault. I get it. it's just thats shields the closest thing we've got left to a family so when you retired it it made me feel like we had nothing left made us question everything, you, Steve, me and a little bit of Hana... you know i've got his uh, i've got his book And, uh... I just figured if it worked for him, then it'd work for me.." Bucky explained making me stare at the ground intensely. "I understand man but Steve is gone and this might be a surprise, but it doesn't matter what Steve thought. You gotta stop looking to other people to tell you who you are. Let me ask you. You two still having those nightmares?" "All the time ." I spoke with a weak smile as the boys threw the shield "It means I remember. It means a part of me is still there. Which means a part of the Winter Soldier and Deepankara's still in us." I added as Bucky handed me the shield and I threw it causing Sam to catch it "You up for a little tough love?" Sam asked making Bucky and I look at each other.
     "You want to cling out of the hell you're in, do the work...do it." Sam added making me push my hair from my face "He's been making amends." "Nah he wasn't amending, you were avenging you were stopping all the wrongdoers you enabled as the Winter Soldier and Deepankara, because you thought it would bring you closure, you go to these people and say "sorry" because you thunk it'll make you feel better right? but you gotta make them feel better you gotta go to them and be of service, I'm sure there's at least one person in that book who needs closure about something and you're the only one who can give it to them." "Probably a dozen." Bucky remarked causing me to place my hand in his shoulder and rub it "Thats cool start with one." Sam spoke I looked up at him and smiled "Good talk." I spoke making him nod at me and laugh "You know Karli won't quit." Sam spoke as the men grabbed there fist together and smiled "Ah you call me when you have a lead, and we'll be here." I spoke making Sam smile at me and he nodded "Not necessarily as a team." I spoke up "Nope." "We're not that good." Bucky spoke grabbing his bag from the ground "Definitely not." "We're professionals" "Definitely." "And uh, were partners." "Co-workers." "But we're also a couple of guys and a nice ass lady with a mutual friend." "Friends now gone." "So we're a couple of guys and a badass lady." "I can live with that." "Perfect." "Thanks for the help, meant a lot." Sam as we stopped in out tracks and I looked down the gavel road "Of course." Bucky spoke patting his back and Sam ruffled my hair I walked next to Bucky close and he held my hand as we headed to cab and off to a hotel, "Finally a little peace." I breathed looking around at the trees flowing "First time in a while huh?" He asked looking down at me and I flashed a small smile at him. "Let's go home and get that little one check out." He spoke poking my side making me squeal and cover my side "Do you think a week is to early to feel the symptoms?" I asked questioning you can definitely see i'm pregnant at this point..but it's only been a week..was it really not from the other night? or has it been longer? "You think you're farther then a week don't you?" He asked looking down at me making me lightly nod my head.. "It's possible." I spoke looking at the motorcycle in front of us "Well we'll see."

ANNOUNCEMENT•
working on the last chapter of this book, but i wanna thank y'all for 11.7k reads on this book, it means a lot and the love and support from everyone has been amazing<3