•20•

•hanas POV•

     I stood next to James and Walker with the phone in my hand waiting for the flag smashers to come "So gullible." I mumbled under my breath as the group ran around the corner  "Mercy bears richer fruit than strict justice." Walker spoke and I rolled my eyes "Its a great app..thank you." James spoke as the swat teams and cops came running over and I crossed my arms and stared at the group, "Lincoln really?" I asked Walker as I walked ahead of the boys "Great man, great quote." "Not when you say it." James and I spoke at the same time earning a scoff from Walker. "I wonder how Sam is doing?" I asked walking next to James through the crowed "I'm sure he's fine." James spoke rubbing my shoulder as we stood near the people and the ambulance I sighed hearing swooshing above us and I looked over seeing Sam carrying Karli "Oh poor baby." I whispered covering my mouth lightly seeing that she was dead, I heard James sigh and rub my back making me look at him and he had a saddened look on his face.
"What happened to the flag smashers?" A reporter yelled at Sam making me stare at them "When did the government make you Captain America?" "Is it still Falcon? or is it Captain Falcon?" "Sam, thank you so much, from all of us." Ayla spoke as Dam walked over the the group I rubbed my stomach and leaned on the van letting out a sigh "You alright?" James asked making me look up at him "Yeah I'm fine." "Sincerely. You did your part in dealing with those terrorists, now we'll do ours." Senator spoke making me look at him "Are you still going forward with resetting the borders?" Sam asked looking at the group "Our peacekeeping troops will begin relocating people soon the terrorist only set us back a bit." Ayla spoke "Stop calling them terrorist." Sam spoke making me blink at him and sigh the poor kids just wanted to make a change.
           "What else would we call them?" "Your peacekeeping troops carrying weapons are forcing millions of people into settlements around the world right? what do you think those people are going to call you? these labels "terrorist" "refugee" "thug" there often used to get around the question why?" Sam spoke out making me proud "Those settlements that happened five years ago, do you think it is fair for governments to have to support them?" Ayla asked "Yes." Sam spoke up "And the people who reappeared only to find someone else living in their family home, look I get it, but you have no idea how complicated this situation is." Senator spoke and I could see the agitation in Sams manor "You know what? you're right and that's a good thing We finally have a common struggle now. Think about that. For once, all the people who've been begging, and I mean, literally begging for you to feel how hard any given day is... Now you know. How did it feel to be helpless? Now if you could remember what it was like to be helpless and face a force so powerful it could erase half the planet, you would know that you're about to have the exact same impact. This isn't about easy decisions, Senator." Sam explained and I could see discomfort in the people around "You just don't understand." "I'm a black man carrying the stars and stripes, what don't I understand?, Every time I pick this thing up, I know there are millions of people out there who are gonna hate me for it. Even now, here... I feel it. The stares, the judgment. And there's nothin' I can do to change it. Yet, I'm still here. No super serum, no blond hair, or blue eyes. The only power I have is that I believe we can do better. We can't demand that people step up if we don't meet them halfway. Look, you control the banks. sh1t, you can move borders! You can knock down a forest with an email, you can feed a million people with a phone call. But the question is, who's in the room with you when you're making those decisions? Hmm? Is it the people you're gonna impact? Or is it just more people like you? I mean, this girl died trying to stop you, and no one has stopped for one second to ask why."
      "You've gotta do better, Senator. You've gotta step up. Because if you don't, the next Karli will. And you don't wanna see 2.0. People believed in her cause so much that they helped her defy the strongest governments in the world. Why do you think that is? Look, you people have just as much power as an insane god or a misguided teenager. The question you have to ask yourself is, "How are you going to use it?" I sighed at his speech and mentally clapped for him he walked over to us and I smiled "Sorry I was uh texting and so all I heard was i'm a black man in stars and stripes." James spoke making us all three chuckle "Nice job Cap." I spoke look up at Sam and he flashed a smile at me and patted my back "Thanks." "Sharon?" Sam spoke as we all looked to see her leaning on the cop car "Blocking my light "We gotta get you to a hospital." Sam spoke "Shes not gonna listen." James spoke as I nodded standing next to her "It's not the worst thing that's happened to me all week." she spoke "Told you." I spoke making her scoff and look at me "Uh Cap?" I looked over seeing a man and Sam walked over "I think he's talking to you." Sharon spoke "Look i'm sorry for how things ended down there for what it's worth, suit looks good on you." Sharon added and I smiled at Sam "Thanks." Sam spoke "All right look, can we get out of here please?" James spoke looking at me and I nodded "I didn't forget my promise." Sam spoke making us look back at him Sharon nodded and I looked up seeing Sam fly away. "So Hana, youre pregnant?" Sharon asked and I looked at her "How'd you know?" I asked "You can see it." She spoke and I looked down you could see a small bump through my corset and I chuckled and looked down "Yes you can." James spoke as we sat in the back of the ambulance.

     James and I walked down the hall of where Mr.Nakajima lived my hands lightly shook and a wave of hate flew over me James wanted to tell him about his son and I hated it "You're alright." James spoke before knocking on the door "Hey what are you doing here? it's late come in before someone calls the cops." He spoke as he let us in I gave him a weak smile and he smiled back "What are you doing here? it's not Wednesday." Nakajima went on and I shook as I let out a breath "We uh, we have to tell you something about your son." I spoke making him look at me and his face fell James sat down and pulled off his glove and Nakajima scrunched his face lightly "He was murdered." "What?" "By the Winter Soldier and Deepankara." James spoke and I felt my eyes sting lightly and I looked at the ground and covered my stomach "And that was us." I spoke my voice lightly shaky and his face dropped he covered his chest "Why?" He asked staring at us "We didn't have a choice...we were being controlled." James spoke as I added on the end I rushed to the door and I bolted out leaving the boys in the room together I stood by the window and let the tears fall from my face onto the seal and I covered my belly I heard footsteps behind me and I looked behind me seeing James with puppy eyes "James." I whimpered out and he grabbed me and hugged me "Thank you." He whispered in my ear making me nod quickly "Anything for you." I spoke "I love you so much Hana." He whispered kissing my ear and I sighed "And I love you, forever and always." "Forever and always."

      The next morning we walked down the street headed to the airport to head to Louisiana and I looked to my right at the sushi place seeing Nakajima and the girl talking I felt James sigh next to me and she looked up and smiled at us James nodded and we walked off "He got what he wanted." I spoke up making James look at me "Yes he did."

•time skip•

   I walked next to James as he held a cake and the kids ran around us laughing and cutting up I spotted Sam arm Sarah and I waved at them and Sams nephews messed with James "Thank you you two
for letting us stay." I spoke hugging Sarah "Anytime, you two keep my brother out of trouble so it helps." Sarah spoke making me chuckle "Besides you two deserve the peace." Sam added "Yes yes we do." I added watching James play with the kids and I smiled "This is home." I thought to myself.

"Forever and always."