44 | 𝑀𝑦 𝐺𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑝𝑎

"Party at my house."

I was holding Sullivan's hand tightly in my grasp as we walked through the school building, I was notifying people left and right about my party. It was Friday, and the last official Friday of January. It was exhilarating everything that was happening in my life and for the first time, I felt like everything was going to be okay.

I spoke too soon.

"Rhy!" He called again, "Rhy!" I caught a glimpse over my shoulder as he stressfully orbited around people and ran to me. He was out of breath, his hair unkempt and his eyes more tired. He didn't bother looking at Sullivan, but on me. "Rhy, you haven't been answering my messages? I need to talk to you--"

"Just go," I muttered to him. I noticed a few strangers walking in a cluster with Gonzalo, one of Sullivan's friends and the guy I kissed. "Party at my house tonight! Tell your friends!" I waved my hand over.

After seeing their smiles and thumbs up, Sullivan ducked closer and dipped his mouth on mine, sucking in a pinching manner. I maneuvered away and he gave a sweet smile. "I'll see you in my car, Rhy." He glared at Victor. "You doing okay?" he asked Victor. "You look a little distraught." 

"Adding to your vocabulary, I hear," Victor muttered. The two of them parted and by the time Sullivan reached the back doors, Victor looked at me with desperation. "Rhy, I--"

"Sullivan calls me that now," I told him under my breath. "Look, don't show up to my party, I don't want to see you anymore. Thank you," I worshipped, "for everything, but I--"

Tears were in his eyes now, something I didn't think I'd ever have to see in a public setting, but there they were. In a strained and damaged whisper, he recalled, "you promised?"

"And you said for practice purposes. I love Sullivan--"

He swallowed his breath. "You love him?" he asked. His eyes falling to the floor. "But I miss you, Princess--"

"I am not your princess. Don't ever dare--" I was stammering, not making sense and I pulled myself back, adjusting the straps of my backpack as he cracked a smile at my mess up.

"Still adorable," he grumbled.

"Don't talk to me, Vislocky," I warned him, I needed to make a sting as I left so he'd leave me alone. I didn't want him near me, not after what Sullivan said. After further thinking, Sullivan was right, he'd never lie to me and pin my friends up against me. Victor was the one who knew that I liked Sullivan and was always flirting with me and made me do the sexual activities that I most definitely didn't need. I was done with him.

I guess you could say, I graduated from his school.

Later that evening, Sullivan laid on the couch while I cleared up the space, tidying things up, hiding vases and figurines. My mom was out working on cases, and decided to stay at a friends place also. She needed to get out of the house and without her acknowledgements, I took control of my life and was hosting a high school party. Now that I was dating the guy who throws all sorts of parties, I needed to join, especially when he asked me to. I wanted to please him.

He was already nursing from a beer when I came into the living room carrying a duster and dustpan. I held them out. "Do you mind helping--"

"I'm kind of busy," he said whilst scrolling through his phone. "Oh, Gonzalo, Wolfie, and Sam are on their way."

I halted my steps before entering the kitchen. "Wait. I only wanted a few people, Sullivan. I don't want my mom to kill me." I was serious, my eyes lowering to the duster in my hands before I helplessly brushed the dust around the TV stand. "Please tell me at most twenty-five people are coming?"