Chapter One

Authors Note

This is set in the Uk, England specifically. I think College here is High School in America. 16-18. You normally leave High School at 15/16.

------------------------------------------------

Wednesday 27th October.

Readers PoV

I click my fingers in beat with the song playing as I vibe to the music. It's currently 08:42 am and-

"I'm going to be late for College. Fuck." I pause my clicking and vibing as I decide whether I care or not. After deciding I don't, I resume my vibing and prepare for school.

After half an hour, I'm completely ready to leave. I snatch my phone off of my desk and brush off my uniform before leaving my room. I make my way down the creaky stairs, sighing once I hit the bottom. The house is like a prison, despite how pretty it looks on the inside and the outside. The vibes are off, and I never understood why. It could be because of the slowly crumbling relationship between my mother and I, or the house is just weird.

Don't get me wrong, I love my mother and she loves me. We just...don't click. My father left when I was younger, so he's out of the picture. I don't know much about him, my mother doesn't like to speak about him. She has only told me that he's a criminal of sorts. No name, no nothing. I just know he's a criminal.

I shake my head and rid myself of thoughts of my family, and back to the thoughts of getting the last monster out of the fridge. I hum as I do so, gently opening and closing the fridge door before making my way out of the house. I place my drink in my bag and take my phone out of my blazer pocket to check the time.

'09:16, I have literally ten minutes to get to College if I want to be on time.'

I plug my earphones into my phone and ponder on a song as I begin my journey to school. I ponder on a song for a minute before settling on 'The Drug In Me Is You', by Falling In Reverse. I decide to take the route through the woods. It's not quicker by any means, longer actually. I just like the walk. I also really don't like school.

School isn't the worst, I mean, I don't get bullied, but I'm certainly not popular. My grades aren't the worst either, I'm passing every subject with at least a low pass. I have a good group of friends too. The best, actually. There is six of us, including myself. Helena, Azalea, Leo, Mikey and Adam. We became friends in year seven, and unlike a lot of other friendships, we stuck together, all up to our final year, year eleven. We have arguments sometimes, but they're nothing major.

'I should probably text them actually, and tell them I'm going to be late.'

I pull my phone back out of the pocket it was placed in and open up the group chat,

The Freaks Innit

MrWorldWide

I'm gonna be late, go straight to College instead of waiting for me.

In less than a minute I had a reply.

BenefitsBen

slag

jk, love you

also

we'll wait for you

meet us by bus station thingy

Wait I thought you weren't in until after break on Wednesdays?

I halt suddenly as I read the message. I place my phone in my pocket as I fish around in my bag for my timetable. Looking down, I groan. 

"For fucks sake. I was looking at Thursday's lessons."