Chapter Five

Friday 28th October 

Readers PoV

'Oh god. The anxiety. I'm literally going to be sick.'

My mind is racing as well as my heart. My hands are shaking slightly from anxiety and my mouth is drier than the Sahara fucking deserts. We're currently standing at the entrance of an abandoned-looking mansion and in all honesty, I am not ready to step foot inside. I notice Toby look over at me from the corner of my eye.

"(Y/n)? A-are you okay?"

I don't have time to respond as Masky does it for me.

"They're probably nervous. They're meeting their dad, and their new family for the first time, how did you feel when it was you?" And with that, he takes hold of the handles and swings the double doors open. I feel my left eye twitch at his words.

'New family? Get fucked.'

I shove the anxiety aside, telling myself there is no point in feeling anxious as there isn't a way out. It's best I just get it over and done with, that way I can hide in the room I'm given. I walk in behind the others, glaring at Masky as I overtake them.

"You lot will never be my 'new family'. You throw around the word rather loosely." I frown. I feel a hand on my shoulder, gently guiding me to a room. I follow said hand to see Hoodie.

"We all said that. You'll be calling it home in no time." He speaks gently. I don't bother responding, and instead, shrug his hand off of my shoulder.

I look around for Toby, noticing his absence, as well as my bags. I easily put two and two together.

"So, are you ready?" Hoodie asks as he stops in front of another double door. I pause a moment, swallowing. I nod slowly.

"...Yeah."

Masky opens the doors while I let my face drop any emotion it could be holding, putting on a poker face.

"Boss, we're back. They're with us." He speaks as he walks into the room with Hoodie alongside him. I follow suit and walk in behind them with my eyes narrowed. I look around, seeing no one other than us three.

I take in the room while I wait for another person to show up. There isn't anything special about it. Just an average dining room with tiled flooring and cream-coloured walls. What I did question, however, was the number of chairs lined up. Just how many people live here? There are at least twenty chairs, eight on each side with the other two at each end of the table.

"Ah, thank you, boys. You may retreat to whatever it was you were doing previously."

My head snaps in the direction of the voice, seeing a tall figure emerging from a door I hadn't noticed before. I try to keep my nerves to a minimum as Hoodie and Masky leave, leaving me with the tall, faceless figure. Slenderman.

'Okay, she could have mentioned my dad was Slenderman. But I guess it makes sense to an extent.'

I stare up at him, my face blank. He didn't scare me, which seemed to confuse us both. I don't bother to question it, however.

"My child..." He...murmurs? I'm not sure how he speaks. It sounds telepathic, but out loud at the same time. It's confusing. He sounds like he's speaking to himself more than to me.

"I guess," I mutter, holding onto my left wrist and tracing over the operator symbol to ease my awkwardness. He laughs softly, a tendril gently shoving me over to the table, another pulling out a chair for me to sit in. I slowly sit down.

Slenderman takes the seat next to me before taking my left wrist in his much larger hand as he examines the symbol etched into my skin.

"It's healed nicely, and quickly. Others weren't so lucky, my dear."