Embers

~(Y/n)'s POV~

I walked through the dimly lit streets, making my way to where I'm supposed to meet Douse.

"I wonder if she'll want to see a movie after...?" I contemplated on multiple different places I could take her after this. "Mini Golf, maybe?"

Before I knew it, I was already at the cliff where we watched the stars the other night. I sat down on the bench that faced the cliff, and waited for Douse to arrive.

"Ice cream...?" I shook my head. "No, she doesn't like cold stuff, since it makes her powers all messed up. Then maybe fried dough...? Wait, she's dieting. Then how about..."

Suddenly, I heard footsteps approach from behind me. I turned around and saw Douse walking up to me.

"Hey!" I stood up, and walked over to Douse. We greeted each other with a hug.

"Hey, sorry I'm a little late, I got a little tied up."

"Don't worry about it, I only just got here a few minutes ago anyways."

She smiled. "Glad to hear."

The wind slightly picked up, and Douse shivered.

"Oh, here. You can take my jacket. Not like I really need it that much anyways." I took off my jacket, and put it over her shoulders.

"Thanks." She took my hand, and led me over to the bench.

We sat down, and she put her head on my shoulder.

We watched as a few stars flew by. Recently, for some unknown reason, there have been a lot more shooting star sightings. Oh well, it just makes for a great view.

"Hey...Ignite?" I looked down at Douse, and she was looking up at me, a blush brushed across her face. "Do you mind if we...kiss like last time?"

I smiled, I'm sure I looked like an idiot, but I nodded. We leaned in, and our lips met.

Suddenly, the wind became even more intense. Enough that it was physically pushing me.

"What...the...?"

I got up, and looked around slowly.

Then, I heard clapping. Wait, clapping? Who would be clapping?

"What a touching moment."

I looked behind me, and then I saw him. Floating at the end of the cliff.

Zephyr.

"Wow, such a lovely night." Zephyr touched down gently on the grass. "But, I'm afraid I'm going to have to spoil this...lovely moment.."

"What the hell are you talking about? Wait, better question, why are you even here?" I asked

"I'll get to that, I'll get to that." Zephyr had a wicked smile across his face. What's wrong with him? Did something happen to him? "But first..."

He threw a strong force of wind at me, knocking me backwards, back onto the bench.

"Sit right there, and don't you dare move."

He walked towards us, and stopped next to Douse, smiling down at her. Douse looked up at him, and I could see the concern on her-

Wait a minute.

Why is she...smiling?

She's...not concerned?

"Finally!" Douse said, while she took my jacket off, and threw it over my head.

When it fell off my face, she was standing there, in Zephyr's embrace. She smiled, hugging his side.

"Wait....What the fuck?" I barely managed to say the words, since I was choking back tears. There's no way...right?