Oxidation

~(Y/n)'s POV~

There I stood, in front of the door to my dorm.

"Damn, Levia's power really is miraculous..."

I sighed, bracing myself for what was about to come. I'm sure I'll be asked a million questions.

I swing the door open, and take a step inside.

"I'm home..." I closed the door behind me, expecting May to come rushing towards me.

"...Hello?" I called out.

No answer.

I looked around the apartment, and found a note sitting on the table.

"'Hey (Y/n). It's May.'" I read aloud.

"'When you see this, I'll probably be gone, but I'm not far! Turns out, someone snitched on us living together. However, now that I think about it, maybe bingeing an entire series for a night on full volume wasn't such a smart idea. Anyways, I said I'm not far because they offered me a scholarship I have to work towards, and my own dorm to stay in. I'm only one floor lower than you! So come by anytime, room 309!' Love, May."

"So that's what happened." I placed the note back on the table, and walked to my room, plopping down onto my bed.

I looked at my hand, hoping to get at least a spark to pop up, but to no avail.

"Why can't I use my powers?" I muttered.

I felt my eyelids grow heavy, and slowly drifted off to sleep.

~Time Skip~

I felt someone slowly shaking me awake.

"Wake..."

"Hm?" I groggily open my eyes, and a blurry image of someone's face enters my view.

"Wake up..."

When my eyes adjust, I see a smiling Cass sitting on the side of the bed. Right, she has a spare key.

"Hey, you're up!"

"Mmmmm..." I groaned, putting my face back in my pillow.

"Rude!" I felt a light smack on the back of my head.

"I'm sorry...I'm just not in the mood for anything today...or this week." I sighed. "Or maybe even the month."

"Sheesh, what happened to you?"

I can't tell her, even if I wanted to.

"It's a long story."

"That's fine, I have time."

"That's great, but I don't really feel like explaining."

"(Y/n), I'm your best friend. You'll leave me worried if you don't tell me what's wrong."

"Sorry Cass...I just want to be left alone for a while. Please?"

I looked up at her, and I could feel tears in my eyes.

Cass smiles, and wipes the tears out of my eyes.

"Sure, but I'm gonna stay here until you feel better."

"No, Cassandra."

She flinched, and moved her hand away from my face.

"You...never call me by my full name."

"Look, I'm-"

"Stop." She stood up from the bed. "I came over here to make sure you were alright after I didn't hear from you at all yesterday. Do you realize how worried I was about you?!"