Chapter 1: camp faith

the second  we pulled up to the 'camp' i cringed. "Come on lets get your stuff out" my dad said from the front seat. Rolled my eyes while  getting out of the car.

This place  was pretty big..had that outdoorsy vide. I looked around seeing other parents  dropping their sons and daughters off. No one looked happy to be here.

"Ok thats everything..good luck" my dad said emotionless, before setting my duffel  bag down on the ground. He hasn't  been able to look me in the eye since i was caught. "Were doing this for your own good..we love you sweetie" my mom said kissing my forehead and pushing my hair out of my face, i mumbled a 'i love you too' before she got back in the car and drove away with dad.

I picked up my bag and turned towards the main entrance. I took a deep breath  before following  the crowd of people to an open area in the middle of the camp that  had rows of logs to sit on and a huge stage with a roof over it.  I sat in the first roll silently to myself while all the other seats filled in. 

"Hello campers! And welcome to camp faith!" A little bald man said overly excited in to a microphone on stage. "My names adam elmakias but call me Adam. Im the head counselor so  if you need need anything ya know..im here but   anyway let's meet our staff.." right then a few adults seeming to be in their early to mid 20s ran on the stage, they went down the roll introducing themselves.  I wasn't paying much attention, mostly cause i didnt care.

"Alright campers, your cabins have you names on them along with your roommates. Boys follow counselor vic and girls follow counselor danny."  Adam said.  Everyone stood up and followed there assigned counselor to the cabins.

My cabin had three singel beds i was half expecting bunk beds with 15 kids  crammed in one cabin. I was the first one to arrive in my cabin so i got to pick a bed. I started to unpack my duffel bag when someone came through the door.

"sweet! I was hoping id get this cabin this year!" A  sandy brown haired boy with blonde highlights said as he flopped down on one of the bunks closes to the door, "oh hey im Alex" he sat up.  "kellin" i said. "This must be your first year here cause ive Never seen you before." Alex said getting up to unpack his bag.  "you've been here before?" I asked As if its not obvious.  "Yeah, since 8th grade, being the gay son of a pastor dosent have it's perks like you would think." He said smiling. He had a very warm smile that made me feel comfortable.

"So what made your parents send you here? Got caught watching gay porn?"

"What's that?"

"Whats porn?"

I nodded

"Oh my god you're  one of those.." he put his hand over his heart. " aww poor baby, lemme guess youre parents dont allow you to watch nothing but Christian teen programs like ishine? " i nodded. " you also can't  listen to nothing but Christian rock?" I nodded again. He's good.

"Youre so innocent why are you here?"

"I was caught kissing a boy "

"Mm you have potential. I like you, were friends." He smiled.

I laughed and continued to unpack. "Oh no i didnt know you were showing up this year" i heard Alex call from behind me. I turn around to see a skinny black haired boy in tight black skinny jeans, all black vans, some kind of graphic tee topped with a beanie. He looked like a  model "Shut up" he said jokingly. The way people act around here you would think this is just a summer camp filled with homosexuals, it isnt.. its a cure camp.

When i finished unpacking both sides had free time to walk around and hang out since  it was first day and was already  like 5:30.

I let alex show me around since he insinsted. 

Right now we were  on our way to the music room, Alex  said on of his favorite counselors in charge on the boys activities.  We arrived  at a regular sized cabin but alittle bigger then ours, there  was  colorful music notes painted on the door. I followed alex in.

The walls were lined up with all different kinds of instruments and one drum set in the corner, as i looked around in amazement  i didnt notice alex was on the other side of the room talking to someone.

I headed over there to them, the other guy was wearing a snap back and a shirt that read camp faith, with the 'T' representing  a cross. "Oh this is kellin, hes new, where best friends." alex said before putting his arm around my shoulder yanking me over to him. I nervously put my head down, letting my black hair fall in my face. "This is Vic hes a counselor but used to be a camper a million years ago..he claims he straight now." Alex whispered the last part loud enough for vic to hear.

"Ha ha  it was only a few years ago im not that old... but hey im vic im incharge of the camp activities for the boys and im usely in the music department though. Do you play?" I watched his lips as each word left his mouth, i watched his head do small movments while he talk. Hes captivating..

"KELLIN!"  Alex yelled snapping me out of my thoughts. "Huh?" I asked completely out of it. "I asked if you played an instrument" vic said but i kept my head down to avoid  getting distracted again and also cause im alittle embarrassed.

i shook my head no. "Well what do you like to do?" I studdered "i-i used to sing for my church..." i was always given solos. "Thats great! Danielle is the choir director she be excited to hear about you." I nodded again.  "Well me and kellin are gonna head back to the cantine for dinner you coming?"  Alex asked Vic.  "I'll catch up.. it was nice meeting you kellin" vic called out before me and alex left.

"Whats cantine?" I asked alex as we walked to a another cabin it was alot bigger with double doors.

"Its where you eat we all have to be there by six, boys and girls."

"Oh"

" and they make us prey before we eat..like adam literally makes up bow our heads and prays into the microphone..." he rolled his eyes.

"I always pray before i eat."i said.  Alex opened the door for me to cantine.

It was filled so i guess we were late because everyone was already praying, i stopped in my plus and bowed my head. "Amen" i along with eveyone else said in unison. Alex led me to were we get our trays and we got in line.

~~~~~

After dinner i took a shower  in the shower station place but there was a 2 counselors there to supervise i guess. I got dress in just some regular plain pajama pants and a white shirt. I was about to get ready for bed cause the curfew is 11 which is way later then my curfew back home, i went to go put my toothbrush and stuff up when alex can in. "Ive been looking everywhere for you come on were going to the bon fire."

"Uh..no its ok you can go .."  im not very social. Alex came up to me, yanking my arm "i wasn't asking you".

________________

What do you thinks? ..should i continue?