chapter 2: Jesus in the southern sky

Im not trying to offend any religion so don't come at me with that.

~~~~

"But we have a curfew!" I Said as alex pulled me in the woods.

"So"

"We can get in trouble!"

"There's  going to be counselors  there so calm down." I saw a bright glow at the end of the path we we're on the woods, as we got closer i could hear peoples voices some where laughing. When we finally got there it was a huge opening  other campers seated around the bon fire.

"ALEX over here!" Someone called alex, it was our other bunkmate or..roommate kyler.

Alex pulled me over to were kyler and some of the other male and female campers were sitting. "I see you brought the virgin Mary"  kyler said to alex but it obviously was directed towards me. I turned my head to look around at everyone else while alex and his friends carried on a conversation. My eyes fell on vic, he was siting across the fire with a guitar slowly struming it; the glow from the fire lite up his face, after a while we locked eyes i blushed and looked away pushing my hair in my face although  i did steal glances at him through the thick strans of hair that covered my eyes.  He was wearing the same thing for earlier,He looked so attractive.

NO, im hear to get help...its a sin to have lustful feelings like this.

I started reciting scriptures in my head over and over again, what i usely do when im unsure about myself. I looked back up to vic but this time he was talking to someone, it was a girl, she had long red hair and freckles on her face and arms. I could tell She was a counselor by the tank top she was wearing.  Vic put his arm about her and kissed her forehead i dont know what i was feeling when i saw it but i didn't like it.

As much as i wanted to i couldn't  take my eyes off of them. "Thats Danielle, Vics  girlfriend. They started dating last summer when she first started working here. Shes okay   , really sweet..to sweet; shes always in a good mood and smiling and happy. It's annoying " kyler told me ..i guess he saw me staring. The odd  feeling got stronger with the new information.  "You ok?" Alex asked i took a deep breath and nodded. I never felt like this before..

"Kellin!" I looked up  at the sound of my name and saw vic waving for me to go over to him, i hesitantly moved over to him. " this is Danielle, the choir director i told you about"he said gestureing tolds the girl the red head smiled " I'd love to hear you sing" her smile made me even more angry for some reason, she was very pretty "how about I'll show you right now" i said with what i hope was an attitude. "That'll be awesome! Vic?" She  beamed.

Vic reached for his guitar  before looking at me "anything particular?" He asked.

"Do you know Jesus in the southern sky?" I asked, it was a song i would always sing at church and bible study. Vic nodded and started playing i took a deep breath, i dont have a problem singing infront of people because of my  experience  in the choir at church.

*Play video if you like*

"Jesus I can see you in the southern sky

When the clouds are out the sun is shining through.

Jesus do you feel me when our worlds collide

and if have nothing at least I still have you..."

I felt  all eyes on me as sung, i kinda liked it. I always secretly liked the attention and compliments but that's vanity and vanity is a sin.

At the end of the song i got applauded. "Whoa" Danielle said I wanted to be vain and cocky but that wouldnt be nice although i really wanted too.

"That was amazing kellin.." Vic patted my back i mumbled thanks and smiled. "Drop by the chior room tomorrow during rec?" Danielle asked, i really didnt want to but i agreed before walking back over to alex who looked like he was crying. "Are you ok?" Sat next to him. He wiped his eyes "your voice is just so beautiful" he told me. I dont know why but i started laughing. i like Alex hes funny and open it makes me feel very comfortable around him. I never had a friend like that, i never had a friend really at all except my cousins but i dont think they count. Im very quiet in school and i dont talk much in church besides answering qestions durring Sunday school or bible study.

"Alright guys lets head back to the cabins before adam finds out" Vic announced.  "I thought you said this was ok?" I whispered to alex as we got up and headed back to our cabin.

"It is, its just not allowed without adams consent." Alex smiled.

I mumbled 'oh' and followed alex inside our cabin to go to bed.

~Morning~

I woke up to Alex standing over me eating Doritos. "What are you doing?" I said rubbing my eyes and sitting up in my bunk. "Well, you Missed breakfast and and its time for our daily brain washing."

"Whaa?"

"We go to this group thing..kinda like group therapy"

"Oh ok" i got up to get dressed.

"Whoa!" Alex shouted then started laughing, Doritos pieces was falling out of his mouth.I looked at him confused, he then pointed to me and when i looked down my penis was erect. I quickly sat back down and put my pillow in my lap. "Uh ..that happens.." im so embarrassed.

"Its just morning wood..want me to leave so you can take care of it? I would offer to help but im faithful" he held up his hand to show a silver band on his ring finger.

"You're married?"

"No its just a promise ring..my boyfriend used to be a camper too, he actually was bunk mates with Vic.. but anyway, you're hard, imma leave so you can..treat yourself"

"What do you mean?"

"You know..like make it go away"

"I can make it go away? I just wait for it to go down."

"Are you kidding?"

"Uh.."

"Oh my god i didnt know it was this bad. You never touched yourself?"

"No, my mom said that if i ever do that i could go blind."  Once again he started laughing .

"Oh-oh shit! Thats classic!" He laughed, he actually started to run out of breath.

"Hey sluts." Kyler walked in causally wearing black skinny jean with a rip in one knee and a white t-shirt that said 'twink' in pink bubble letters and a pair of black TOMS. "Whats funny?"  He asked, i looked at alex pleadingly. "Nothing..kellin said somthing funny, walk to the rec room with me?"Alex asked kyler. Kyler shrugged and left with him leaving me alone in the cabin with my 'morning wood'.

I was curious, i never tried touching it before well when i shower and use the bathroom i do but not in a sexual way.  I slowly removed the pillow from my lap  and looked down at the problem in my pants.

I pointed it and fliched cause it felt weird.  I slowly removed my  sweat pants and boxers then ran my hand over the tip of it lightly, i gasped did it again. This feeling was weird i couldn't explain it. I have no idea how to do this i just know its called masturbating and that masturbating was wrong. No one ever told me what it actually was, i looked it up in the dictionary once so i know its touching yourself but how?

"Kellinn!" I heard a voice from outside the door, i quickly pulled my pants back up but my penis was still poking out. "Its Vic, are you ok? Alex said you needed my help with something" he asked i could die right now. "No, im fine..uh I'll be out in a minute."

"Um ok but if you dont participate in camp activities then there will be consequences, Not my rules.."

That scared me, ive never been in trouble before EVER. I stood there frozen, not totally sure what to do. "Are you dressed?" He asked i timidly said 'yes'. "Im coming in" he opened the door and stopped instantly when he saw me.

"Oh! Uhh i-im sorry" vic stammered.

"..."

"Imma leave uh sorry"

I never cuss but that was so freaking awkward.

~~~~~~

To be continued..