2

Harry got back to his washroom only to find Louis cowered under the sink. "No one but Hazzy," Louis whimpered. "Darling it's just me I promise," Harry comforted, squatting down to look under the sink, "Please come here, it'll be over before you know it," Harry assured him and Louis cautiously crawled out to Harry. "You are a very nice kitty you know? I have been scratched by other cats before," Harry chuckled, leading Lou to the bathtub. "I'm here now, Hazza. No other kitty will ever get near you," Louis said with a hint of pride and Harry's heart swelled with happiness. "You aren't very scary, love," Harry chuckled, turning on the faucet to fill the tub. "I have nails and sharp teeth Hazzy," Louis said cutely, putting out his claws and showing his pointy canines. "Well, I'll have to cut your nails too, baby. Thank you for reminding," Harry grinned and Louis immediately cowered away. "It'll hurt. When Nancy did them, it hurt. Please don't hurt Louis," Louis whimpered. Harry's expression softened. "I would never hurt my kitty, Louis. I'm not Nancy am I? I'm your Hazza and I like you lots and lots and lots," Harry explained, holding Louis flush against his chest. Who could have it in their heart to hurt someone as lovely as Lou? "Pwomise?" Louis asked, holding out his pinky. Harry joined their pinkies. "Promise, baby," Harry whispered.

"Will I leave now darling?" Harry asked, turning off the faucet and adding bubble bath to the water. "No no, no don't go," Louis cried. "Alright, I won't go. I'll turn around while you undress and get in the bath," Harry said, turning to face his skincare cabinet. "Turn around now please," Louis said and Harry turned to see a rather pouty Louis in the water. "What's wrong love?" Harry inquired with a small smile, already knowing the response he would receive. "My tail's wet and you're gonna get my ears wet too," Louis grumbled. "It'll be quick I promise. Now, apple or cherry? I didn't know what you liked so I got two," Harry said, pointing at the bottles. "What does Hazza like?" Louis asked, eyes wide. "I like apple, darling but what do you like?" Harry asked again. "Apple," Louis answered softly. "Are you sure?" Harry pressed gently. Louis really wanted to smell like cherries because Harry smelled like apples and only Harry should smell like that but he wouldn't dare to say anything otherwise in case he angered Harry. "Sure," Louis fibbed, fingers crossed behind his back but Harry saw them. "You can choose whatever you want darling. I would never say no or get angry," Harry explained, voice soft as cotton. "I want cherry because Hazzy smells like apples and only Hazzy should smell like that because Hazzy is special," Louis rambled, bracing himself for a scolding. Harry almost lost his footing at the boy's words. His Hazzy was special to him. "You should have just said that, baby. I wouldn't mind," Harry explained and pecked Lou's forehead after observing the boy's body language. Louis nodded enthusiastically, knowing his Hazzy liked him lots and lots and lots and would never hurt him.

Louis whimpered the entire time Harry washed him, refusing to let go of Harry's hand except when shampooing. "I am so sorry you had to go through that, my darling kitty" Harry cooed when Louis purred after being wrapped in a fluffy towel right out of the dryer. "Louis' hair is wet Hazzy," Louis grumbled after the towel wasn't warm anymore. Harry looked up from draining the bath with a soft expression. He quickly grabbed another towel and dried his hair mumbling apologies for not doing it sooner. "What would you like to wear, Lou?" Harry inquired, walking towards the door. They had already shopped for Louis quite a bit but he had other plans. "Something that smells like Hazzy pwease?" Louis shyly asked. Harry would have purred if he were part cat at what Louis just said. "Of course darling. Just choose anything from my closet okay? I will be in the kitchen to fix us dinner," Harry chimed, leading Louis to the small walk-in closet in his bedroom. "Anything I like?" Louis asked, already pouting because Harry wouldn't be there with him even if it was only for a few minutes. "Maybe something warm? Like a jumper or a hoodie? I wouldn't want my kitty to get cold," Harry explained, walking out the door, closing it behind him. Louis immediately walked over to the laundry basket, taking out the jumper Harry had put in there after getting home. Burying his face in the woollen material, he breathed in his Harry's smell. It was a mix of apples and cologne but to Louis, it's scent was that of a safe comforting home.

Louis walked in the kitchen to find Harry making tuna sandwiches. His Hazzy seemed to know everything him. His likes, his dislikes, when he was lying and always made him happy. Louis knew it had only been one day but trusting the dimpled boy with green eyes seemed alright. "That's not a clean jumper, darling. I told you to take something from the closet, not the laundry basket," Harry explained after seeing what Louis was wearing. "But the clothes in closet smell like flowers. I wanted something that smelled like you," Louis shyly squeaked. "But baby that's not a clean one. You can wear the one I'm wearing now okay?" Harry chimed, dimples popping. "Thank you, Hazzy," Louis whispered, securing his arms around Harry's waist. Harry pulled him flush to his chest. "You're welcome, sweetheart," Harry responded gently.

Soon everyone was sitting at the dinner table, talking about things Louis couldn't be bothered to know about. He noticed that only he was eating sandwiches while the rest were eating pasta with grilled courgettes. Somehow they even knew that Louis disliked the vegetable and went the extra mile to make him something he would actually eat. "Louis did you like your room?" Robin asked, voice soft as to not scare him. "Yes s'pretty. Thank you, sir," Louis said with the manners he had been taught. "Don't call me sir. How about Robin?" He suggested with a smile. "Call me mumma," Anne chimed in. Louis had tears streaming down his cheeks. They were treating him as one of their own. Anna quickly got up from her seat and was beside Louis in an instant, wiping the tears that wouldn't stop flowing. "Sowwy I am very happy," Louis choked between the sobs. "Oh dear I am very happy you like us but try to stop crying. We all love you very much," Anne soothed, rubbing circles on his back and Louis couldn't have been happier to comply.

They were walking back to their rooms after dinner but Louis grabbed Anne's arm. "Will you brush my hair please mumma?" Louis squeaked, thinking maybe he had been too bold but Anne cooed. "Of course I will my darling. Lead me to your room," Anna grinned. They were sat on Louis' bed, criss-cross applesauce, Anna brushing through his feathery hair. "You have very soft hair, my baby," Anne whispered. Rumblings of Louis' purrs filled the room. "Do you like Harry, my love?" Anna asked softly. "Mhm I like my Hazzy lots and lots and lots," Louis purred, eyes closed. "I'm glad you do. He would have been devastated if you didn't," Anne chuckled. "Me Hazzy is the best," Louis mumbled before falling asleep. Anne tucked him in and kissed his forehead before leaving. One day. That's all the time it took for Louis to make the whole family love him.