9

"Let's make cookies," Harry said, poking Gemma's arm. "Why?" she asked, poking back harder. "Because my Louis likes them," he sighed, sitting up from where they were all lying on the floor. "Jesus, tone down the possessiveness a bit," she said, getting up. "Nope. Let's go make cookies, baby," he smiled, rubbing Louis' tummy. "With the berry jam, please and thank?" Louis asked sleepily. "Are you sleepy, kitten?" he asked as Louis leaned into him. "Nuh, wanna make cookie," he mumbled, letting himself fall into Harry's arms. "How about we take a little kip now and make cookies after we wake up hm?" he suggested. "Carry please?" he asked softly, barely raising his arms. Harry's heart was bursting with fondness, this boy would be the death of him. 

"You're disgusting, Harold," she chuckled at how Harry was holding Louis. "I don't mind if it makes him happy," he smiled, rubbing Louis' back which elicited low purrs from him. "He really likes you, doesn't he?" she asked. "Hey it took a lot of cuddles and kisses to get him to like me this much," he retorted. "You certainly don't shy away from giving him any of that," she laughed. "So, tell me, golden boy. How is school? Studies?" she asked. "I'm not a golden boy," he shrugged. "Are you not? Tell me if I'm wrong but aren't you the footie team captain? And don't you always score above ninety-five in all subjects? And aren't you the most good looking and gentlemanly in your entire school?" she inquired, sarcasm lacing her voice. "Oh come on! I'm certainly not the most good looking or the most gentlemanly," he mumbled. "Oh darling, ever since you came out as bi, people have been all over you," she joked. "Alright, believe what you want to. But yeah school is good. All the subjects are relatively easy. And the final for this year's interschool football tournament is next month," he filled her in quickly. "Oh, that's great! I could come and bring Louis too! He will love you even more on the field, trust me," she wiggled her eyebrows. "Oi, he's an innocent baby. Shut up," he blushed. "Yeah? Do you think he'll give you a kiss after you score a goal? Will he sit on your lap when we take a photo of you with the trophy? Will he-" she was cut off. "No! Jesus Christ don't you get enough drama at uni?" he laughed. "None as interesting as my brother's big fat infatuation with the kitten boy living with us," she joked, carding her fingers through Louis' hair but that only caused him to sink farther into Harry's chest. 

"Oh hi," Harry chuckled, looking down from his book when Louis kissed his cheek after waking up. "Hi, Hazzy," he smiled, pressing another kiss to his cheek. "Someone's feeling a tad bit extra soft today," he laughed, letting Louis press more kisses to his cheeks. "Always soft for you," he giggled, resting his head on his chest. "Oh really? My soft baby kitty?" he asked, running his fingers through Louis' fluffy hair. "I love you, Harry," he mumbled. "I love you too, baby," he smiled. "Can we go make cookies now?" he asked shyly. "Race you to the kitchen?" he teased but Louis was already off the bed. Harry paced after him but Louis had cat reflexes. But even if he didn't, Harry would've still let him win just to hear that familiar twinkle in his laugh. He was wrapped around Louis' finger, big time. 

Louis was sat on the counter, giggling with Gemma while Harry whisked the dry ingredients. "You two aren't gonna help are you?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. "Nope!" they sang unanimously. "I excuse Louis out of everything but Gemma you're playing with fire," he stared, measuring sugar. "Oh shut up, giraffe boy," she dismissed, getting too many giggles out of Louis. "You don't love me, Lou baby?" he pouted, pouring sugar into the mixer's bowl. "No! I love you, Hazzy," he cried, getting down from the counter and wrapping his arms around Harry's waist. "Harry, that's cheating! You can't play that card!" she shouted but inside, she was absolutely gone with how cute the interaction between them was. "I can play whatever card I want," he smiled mockingly, adding butter. "You just wait, Harold," she joked. "Do you want to press the button, kitty?" he asked, kissing his forehead. "Yes, please!" he cheered, pressing the start button.

"They're heart-shaped!" Louis stared in wonderment. "And they have strawberry jam in them," he smiled, watching how easily Louis got fascinated. "Can we watch a movie, pretty pretty please?" he asked with big blue eyes staring at both of them. And how could they ever refuse that sight?" "Any movie you like, poppet," Gemma cooed, making Louis smile shyly. "Love Actually?" Louis asked, a slight blush coating his cheeks. "That's my Louis!" Harry cheered. Louis felt all sorts of giddy at that. 

This time around, Louis had managed to stay awake for the entire movie instead of falling asleep during the first half-hour. If you asked him about it, the answer would be a blush and he would look at Harry. He had found he got a lot more attention and kisses from the taller boy when he was awake. He wasn't stupid. He always behaved nicely around Harry, never broke any of his stuff because that got him kisses and coddles. "Aw now they'll kiss," Gemma cooed. They watched the movie almost every month but it never got old. Harry nodded, rubbing Louis' tummy who was purring in content. "Can I have one too?" Louis asked boldly, sitting up and facing Harry. "Cookie? Uh sure," he coughed, reaching for one but Louis stopped him. "No, not a cookie. Kiss," he stated, staring at Harry. "Sure," he smiled, pressing a kiss to his cheek. "Not cheek! On the lips," he tried, losing his patience with every passing moment. Gemma stared at Harry with a smirk. "Yes, Harry. Kiss him on the lips," she said smugly. "You don't want to kiss me on the lips anymore?" he asked in a small voice. "No! I do!" he said quickly, cupping his face. "Then kiss him, you fool," Gemma laughed. Harry didn't argue, he presses his lips to Louis'. After a minute, Harry pulled away to find Louis' pupils dilated and his lips, a beautiful cherry red. "Who knew you were such a prude?" she asked with a chuckle. "I didn't," Louis sassed, laying his head on Harry's chest who blushed a crimson red. Louis was coming out of his shell finally and it was amazing to see his shy little self turn into a sassy little shit who was still as hopelessly in love with Harry as ever. To Harry, he was perfect in every way. Besides, he still got incredibly shy around Harry most of the time anyway. 

Hii guess who updated after two whole months lmao. I had a comment saying to update and frankly, I was confused cuz I had forgotten about this book. Thank you for reminding, bby!! Also please check out my book 'The Sun and His Moon' if you like!! It's nothing like the one-shots or this book tho. It deals with more mature topics but I like the way it played out. Love you, besties xx
- Anna