6

Louis had been feeling unwell since Wednesday. Little coughs here and there, a few sneezes. Nothing that would worry his mumma or Hazzy. That is until Harry came home on Friday. He was expecting Louis to open the door because his kitten ears could pick up the slightest sounds. Instead, he heard slight whimpers from the living room. He could only hope that Louis was just having a bad dream and wasn't actually hurt. He wasn't prepared in any way for what he would see once he walked into the living room. Louis was curled up into a ball on the couch with a puddle of throw up on the floor. Louis must have figured Harry was in the room because he slowly lifted his head to glance at him. "Louis is...so.sorry don't don't be mad Hazzy pwease...Louis clean after Louis feel no icky..Louis so sorry," Louis choked, tears flowing down his cheeks and completely losing his flow of words. "No no baby you don't have to feel sorry nor do you have to clean. I'll clean this up. Why don't you take a little cat nap while I do? I'll carry you up to my room after I do," Harry explained, rushing to the kitchen. "Louis is so sorry for...for making Hazzy c..wean," Louis sobbed, rubbing his face to find traces of throw up around his face which only made him cry harder. Harry walked back in to find a sobbing mess of Louis. "Baby I am so sorry. Just let me clean this up and then I'll wipe your face. Can you try to stop crying for me, my humming bird?" Harry tried to reason. "Lou..Lou'll try his bestest pwomise," Louis tried to speak between his choked sobs. 

Harry had quickly cleaned up the mess and was carrying Louis to his room. "Do you want me to run you a bath?" Harry cautiously asked. "NO!" Louis was horrified. He was already so cold, a bath would be horrible. "Okay sorry. How about I wipe your face with a washcloth? Hmm? I'll be extra careful and you'll be clean kitty I promise," Harry explained. "Lou is cwean..no wash needed," Louis sobbed in to Harry's shirt, staining it but that was the least of the taller lad's worries. "You are clean baby. Just need to get the icky stuff off your face and then we can cuddle really nicely," Harry acknowledged. "No no no pwease...'s so so cold...no wash," Louis whimpered. "You must be running a fever, Lou. Just let me wipe your face and then I'll tuck you in really nice and warm. Don't make Hazzy sad please?" Harry tried, pouting. "Hazzy don't..don't be sad..Lou wash..if..if that make Hazzy happy," Louis stuttered. 

Louis was sat on the bathroom corner while Harry was running a washcloth under the tap. Harry walked up to Louis and gently wiped the cloth over the pixie-like boy's face. Louis hissed at the contact. It was so cold and wet. "Thank you so much for be so brave. I'm so proud of my baby," Harry praised. As soon as he had put the cloth away, Louis had latched himself on Harry like a Koala. "Love you Hazzy," Louis mumbled into the taller boy's shirt. "I love you too, Lou," Harry sighed, walking to the closet. "You need to change your clothes, love," Harry whispered. "No put down pwease," Louis mumbled sleepily. "Just five minutes. I'll give you a big jumper that smells just like Hazzy and sweatpants too. Hazzy also has to change his clothes, baby. There's vomit on my shirt," Harry patiently explained. "Louis..sorry sorry for making Hazzy's shirt diwty..pwomise to cwean it," Louis cried, rubbing at the stains to try and get them off. "Baby you don't have to apologise for any of this and you certainly don't have to clean this shirt. All I need you to do is sit on the bed while I change. i'll change your clothes after that," Harry reasoned, putting Louis on the bed. Louis whimpered at the loss of contact but didn't throw much of a fuss after that. Harry came back to Louis sobbing his eyes out. He immediately engulfed the kitten-boy in his arms and rubbed his back. "Hey I'm here now, hush, nothing happened," Harry comforted. "Evewyfing huwts so bad Hazzy make it stop pwease make it stop," Louis bawled. "I know baby, I know. I am so sorry. I just need to change your clothes and tuck you in. Then I'll call mum," Harry explained. "Pwomise to give coodles?" Louis asked shyly. "I will give you all the cuddles you could possibly want. You made me so proud today, my brave little kitty," Harry praised making Louis pop a shy smile. "You're the best kitty ever, Lou. I know I say this every day but it's true. You are the bestest," Harry continued while changing Louis' clothes, effortlessly distracting him from the loss of heat. 

"No warm," Louis grumbled when Harry slightly shook him awake from their nap. Anne had picked up some medicine for Louis on her way back home and he needed to eat something before he could take the medicine. "I'm sorry, so sorry baby. But you have to take your medicine and eat something you know? Then you won't feel so icky anymore and your little tummy needs food," Harry tried. "Mewicine tastes gross," Louis muttered, crawling deeper into the nest of blankets. "I'll mix strawberry syrup with it and then it won't taste so gross anymore I promise. Mum does it with my medicine when I'm sick," Harry explained patiently. "Hazzy don't go," Louis whimpered. "Okay okay I don't have to go. Mum's bringing food and the medicine. I'll feed you the food too alright?" Harry asked. "Okie if it makes Hazzy happy," Louis mumbled.