8

"Kitty?" Harry called out after waking up. Louis never got up before him, this was new. I got no answer. He begrudgingly got himself out of bed and dragged himself to the dining room where his Lou was sat on his sister's lap. "Gemma? When did you come?" he yawned. "A while ago. Lou opened the door for me," she replied, "You're the best kitty, Lou." Praise always made Louis feel all tingly and soft. "Thank you, Gemgems," he purred, sinking further into her lap. "Harry? Set the table please, baby. Ask Louis what he wants to eat," his mum called out from the kitchen. "He's gonna have chicken with whatever you guys are having," Harry answered when he was out for the little one's earshot. "Oh, please warm it up for him then," she replied. "Your Louis likes Gemma a lot, maybe more than you," Robin teased. "Hey! No, he doesn't," Harry grumbled, causing his parents to laugh. 

"What would you like to do today, son?" Robin asked Louis who was carefully poking a piece of chicken. "Anything as long as Gemma comes today," he beamed. He stared at Anne expectantly who understood. "Oh honey, I'm sorry I forgot to cut it up for you," she smiled, taking his plate to cut up the pancakes and chicken into bite-size pieces. "Oh, we could go to the park after lunch. And we can paint something after we're done cleaning?" Gemma suggested to Louis who giddily nodded. Harry tried his best to not be jealous of her getting all of Louis' attention. Oh for God's sake he didn't even get a face full of kissies first thing in the morning from Louis. "Can Hazzy come too?" Louis piped up and Gemma nodded. He then took Harry's hand in his own. "I love you, Hazzy. I wouldn't go anywhere without you," he smiled. "Thank you, baby," Harry sighed and Louis licked his cheek in response. No one even took a second glance, Louis was affectionate like that. 

"Can you draw it for me, Hazza?" Louis asked softly with a piece of paper and a pencil in his hands. "Sure, baby sweet. Now, what would you like for me to draw?" Harry replied, cooing at how adorable Louis could get when he wanted something. "A little birdie in a tree and a rabbit listening to her," Louis said, widening his eyes and tilted his head. Harry nodded and Louis pecked him on the lips before walking away. "He really loves you doesn't he?" Gemma asked softly. "Yeah, he does. I love him too. He's so nice and soft," Harry hummed, drawing a tree. Soon, he was done and he went to fetch Louis. 

As he walked into his own room, he saw Louis bundled up on the floor with his knees brought up to his face next to a bookshelf with a big slash on the wood. Louis had scratched it. "Kitty? Did you do this?" Harry asked tentatively. Louis knew he wasn't supposed to scratch any furniture. He wasn't speaking a word. "Louis, you're being a very bad kitty. I thought you were my good kitten but I guess not anymore," Harry sighed, turning on his heel. Louis immediately grasped his arm. "Louis' so sowwy. Me nails were too big and Louis didn't notice. Sowwy don't be mad," Louis cried. "You should've been more careful, kitten. Now we're gonna have to cover up the scratch," Harry remarked. "Louis' so sowwy don't be mad Hazzy pwease don't be mad. Hazzy didn't cut Louis' nails they were too big," Louis sobbed and he was right. Harry should've cut them sooner. "Oh my god I'm so sorry baby, I forgot. It's both our mistake. It's no big deal, kitten. Don't cry anymore please," Harry apologised. "Louis' not a bad kitty! Louis tries his hardest to be good for Hazzy pwomise," Louis bawled as Gemma walked into the room. "What did you do to my baby? Harold, I swear to god! He's crying like anything," Gemma yelled, scooping up the kitten boy in her arms. "I forgot to cut his nails, he scratched the bookshelf and I told him off? It's completely my fault. I'm so sorry, baby," Harry fumbled, head down in shame. "Seriously, Harry? You made Louis cry because of your own fault? This is twice you've upset him. I'm going to the store and I'm taking him with me. Figure out how to make it up to him," she spat, walking out with Louis and leaving Harry a crying mess. He didn't mean to upset Louis, he loved him too much for that. 

"Louis' not a bad kitty right?" Louis asked voice strained. "Oh baby, no no. You're the best kitty I've ever met. My brother is a buffoon," she smiled, "Now, which pepper should we get? Red or yellow?" "Red please?" he answered shyly. "Yes, of course," she smiled. "Is Harry mad at me?" he asked at checkout. "No, he isn't. He is stupid is what he is," she replied, taking the bags in her hands. "No he isn't! He's so sweet to me. Just had a bad moment 's all," he said quickly. "Well, he shouldn't be having any bad moments in the first place. He is supposed to take care of you, not tell you off. You're literally the most well-behaved kitten hybrid I've ever come across and trust me I've met plenty. Don't forgive him so easily, let him pine over you. He shouldn't take you for granted," she explained, placing a kiss on his forehead before starting the car.

"Lou, baby kitten, are you still mad at me?" Harry asked while washing the dishes after lunch. Anne heard him. "Why would he be mad at you?" she asked, narrowing her eyes. "Nothing, mumma! He didn't let me mess around with some paper and I jokingly told him I didn't like him," Louis quickly explained while Harry sighed. Anne nodded, walking out. "Yes, I'm still mad at you, Harry. Gemgems cut my nails," he sighed, walking away too. Harry felt a punch in his gut.

"Lou, pass it to me!" Gemma called out to Louis who threw the ball to her. "You two are just playing among yourselves," Robin huffed. "Sorry dadda," Louis said, handing him the ball. "Oh honey, thank you so much. Let's beat Gem yeah?" he smiled, patting Louis' head. "Yeah!" he cheered. "Hey! Lou? I thought you loved me?" Gemma yelled. "Can we all play together?" Louis suggested, not knowing where to go. Both father and daughter cooed at this. Harry stared at them from the picnic blanket where he was sat helping his mum set out the cut-up apples and seltzers. 

Soon, Louis tired out and walked back to their spot. It was still warm out and he felt so drowsy. He did what any kitty would do, he curled himself up on Harry's lap. The taller lad was shocked but that didn't stop him from rubbing the little one's tummy. "I love you, Hazzy," he mumbled, tucking his face further into Harry's chest. "It really tired him out didn't it?" Robin asked, sitting down next to his wife. "He's such a cat," Gemma laughed. "Oi don't laugh at him," Harry huffed, kissing Louis' head.  Louis was the perfect addition to their family. Sure, he was a little messy, often dropped things and occasionally curled up on your lap making you sit there for hours but he was the sweetest, softest boy.