3

It had been two days since they had Louis living with them and Louis had fit right in. Even Gemma adored him, always brushing his hair and tail and letting him play with the dangly things in her room that nobody else got to touch. She even insisted on cooking all of Louis' meals for as long as she was home. They both even did makeup together once and Louis had absolutely loved it, even more, when Harry had told him how pretty he looked. He was a proper smitten kitten with Harry. He loved everyone in the family but there was no doubt that Harry was his favourite. Well after all he really did like his Hazzy lots and lots and lots and Harry liked him back just the same amount if not more.

Mondays seemed fun until he realised that nobody would be home but Gems. He wasn't going to bother her knowing that she was studying so he opted for a nap in his Hazzy's room. It was so warm and smelled just like when Harry would give him cuddles. Gemma had gently woken up the boy to eat his lunch a few hours later and he begrudgingly sat down to eat the chicken soup with little bowties in them. "What are these Gems?" Louis asked, cutely, pointing at the spoon with pasta on it. "Oh, that's pasta. Cute isn't it? I got it for you," Gemma cooed. "For me?" Louis preened. "Only for you my darling," she confirmed, spooning a piece into Lou's mouth. "I can eat by myself Gemgems," Louis pouted before opening his mouth for more chicken. "I know but I want to feed my baby kitty," she explained, pushing away the fringe away from his eyes. "But Louis is Hazzy's baby kitty," he quietly mumbled to himself, thoughtfully chewing on his chicken. He might've thought she didn't hear him but she did and she couldn't have been happier that his brother had found someone who would look after him after she was gone.

"Do you want to go pick up Harry from school, my darling?" Gemma asked Louis who was colouring a picture she had drawn for him. "Really? We can go where Hazzy goes to study?" Louis beamed, quickly fixing his fringe to look put together enough to go outside. "What do you want to wear, my love?" Gemma asked, browsing through Louis' closet. He slowly walked up to the closet and pointed at the fluffy white jumper with little hearts. "And leggings?" she inquired, taking the jumper off the hanger. "Thank you, Gemgems!" Louis exclaimed, wrapping her in a hug. "Of course, my baby," Gemma cooed lovingly.

They had quickly gotten dressed and were waiting outside the school for Harry. Louis was fidgeting like the cat he was beside Gemma. "Where is he?" Louis quipped. "He will be out any minute now, Lou," she assured him. They had stopped picking Harry up from school after he finished elementary but today was special. After all who could deny Louis a couple of extra giggles for the day? Harry was walking out of the school compound alright but there was also a girl trudging behind him, touching his shoulder too much for Louis' liking. All colour dropped from the little one's face and he turned around, tugging at Gemma's cardigan. "What happened baby?" Gemma asked softly. "Wanna go home," he whispered. "Just give me a minute hun. I'll call your Hazzy over and then we can all drive home okay?" she suggested, already waving her hand to beckon her brother towards them. Louis just nodded, still staring at the ground. Harry noticed them and quickly jogged over to them. "Louis wanted to come pick you up so you'd better appreciate it, Harold," Gemma jokingly warned. "Really? My kitty came all the way here to pick me up?" Harry cooed, softly carding his fingers through the kitten's feathery hair. Louis just hummed and nodded in response. "Well then you lot get in the car. I am assuming Louis will want to sit with Harry, leaving me all alone in the front huh?" Gemma chuckled, opening the door for Louis. "No wanna sit with Gemgems," Louis whimpered. "Oh um okay," she said, taken aback but it was Harry whom it hurt the most.

Harry had run off to shower and Louis was lying in Gemma's room, head on her lap, playing with a piece of yarn while she went over her notes. "Baby, did Harry do something?" Gemma hesitantly asked. "Hawwy doesn't need Louis anymore. Hazzy has pwetty girl now," Louis stated simply, fiddling with the yarn. Realisation came flooding down on her. "Baby he loves you a lot I promise. She is just his friend. Go talk to him and show him the picture you drew for him today maybe?" Gemma tried to reason in a soft voice. "Louis does not want to," he huffed, turning to bury his face in her waist. "Baby why? He doesn't love anyone more than h loves you I promise. He would choose you over anyone else in his life. He would give himself up for you. Honey, he watches you sleep. Creepy but that's just Harry," Gemma explained, chuckling at the last bit. "Gemgem really think so?" Louis asked, still unsure of the whole thing. "Mhm hundred percent. He would be a fool not to love you like crazy. I'd box his ears if he hurt you, my darling," she smiled and Louis begrudgingly got up. "Only for Gemgems," he grumbled, taking the coloured in picture in his little hands. "I know baby and I am so happy you decided to give it a try," she praised, kissing his forehead, "Now go and see if my idiot brother is out of the shower yet." "Hazzy is not idiot," Louis mumbled softly, walking out of the room towards Harry's room, fluffy sock padded little feet pattering on the hardwood floor.