A Surprising Fate 2 (Oliver)

Oliver x Male! Reader
Warning: Spoilers
Requested by:giraffes-are-cute

Your POV
Oliver casted Gateway, a spell that brings you into another world and back to the other. I was surprised of how different it was from my world, but I finally put that amazement aside.
"So, where to start the search, eh? You remember how it works en' it, Ollie-boy? It's all about spotting the similarities. Somewhere round by here is someone similar to young Esther in some way. Now, what girls you know?" Drippy said his long speech.
"G-Girls!?" Oliver stuttered, "Uh, I don't talk to girls... I mainly talk with Phil..."
"I mean boys and girls are kind of enemies at our age. Not surprised to be honest," I said.
"Crikey, well that's not good, is it? How are we going to do this then?" Drippy said.
"Uhh, I'm sure there's somebody she reminds me of," Oliver replied to Drippy.
"Can't quite put youer finger on it, is it? Never mind. If brainwork won't work, legwork will! Let's go for a stroll round the town and see if we can spot Esther's soul mate that way, shall we?"
"Okay, Mr Drippy! Let's go find that girl!" Oliver said. As we strolled through the town I asked,
"Can people see Drippy and me? If so, I'm not mentally prepared for weird looks."
"Nah mun. Humans from this world can't see us, but animals can. Animals are more sensitive than humans, you see," Drippy answered. Me, Oliver and Drippy walked to a garage then Oliver suddenly stopped and said,
"Hey I just thought..."
"What's up, mun? You having a nice time thinking about girls, is it?" Drippy asked teasingly.
"Huh!? No I just..." Oliver paused for a bit then spoke again, "When I used to come here to Phil's garage, there was a girl... She always looking at us from her window..."
"From her window, eh? Sounds like a proper shrinking violet," Drippy said, then Oliver turned to look at a window and a blonde girl with a blue dress on was looking at us. Well... more specifically, Oliver, since she can't see me and Drippy.
"I guess so... That's the window, up there," Oliver said and Drippy followed his line of sight. I was already looking at the window. Once the girl realized Oliver was looking at her, she stepped back from the window, out of sight."Oh! That's her, Mr Drippy!" Oliver said.
"Flipping heck, Ollie-boy! Why didn't you think of her straightaway? She's the splitting image of her, mun!" Drippy said.
"Huh? Of who?" Oliver questioned. I wanted to facepalm badly, but I decided against it.
"Who d'you flipping think, you blockhead! The Great Sage's daughter, en't it! The one who's obviously her flipping soul mate!" Drippy clarified to Oliver.
"It's that obvious? I...I never noticed," Oliver replied, "You sure have good eyes Mr Drippy. She was only in the window for a second."
"Never underestimate the razor-sharp eye of fairy, my boy. Spot a speck of dust on the head of a pin, I could!" Mr Drippy said confidently then said, "Anyways, it's her, and no mistake! Let's go and barge ouer way into her bedroom."
"Uh... Okay..." Oliver replied a bit hesitant because of how Drippy worded it.
"Umm, does no one have a plan of getting into the estate?" I asked.
"I could try knocking on the door," Oliver answered.
"I guess so..." I replied. We walked to the blonde haired girl's house. Oliver went up to the and knocked it, but nothing... no one replied. "The heck. I'm surprised she didn't answer," I said a little suspicious of the situation.
"Hm? ...It's no good... There's no answer," Oliver said.

"Is something the matter, dear? There's nobody home, you know," A person said. Me, Oliver and Drippy looked behind us to see a lady just outside the gate of the house. Oliver and Drippy walked over to her. "Uh, I need to speak to the girl who lives here," Oliver replied.
"Oh you're a friend of Myrtle's? Oh, you poor dear! You must be awfully worried about her!" The woman mistaken him for a friend of the girl, but he didn't speak up about that.
"Huh?" Oliver questioned.
"Oh, my! You haven't heard?" She questioned but spoke again, "Just between you and I, things haven't been going so well for Myrtle's family lately."
"H-How come?" He asked.
"Her father works every hour of every single day! Nothing, but work, work, work! He's never home anymore! Such a shame... Rusty was always a devoted father... But something has happened to him. He's changed. I hear him shouting at them through the walls..." The woman said sadly.
"Them...? Then I guess there is another member of the family," I mumbled to myself.
"I don't know how Betty copes... Let alone young Myrtle... Such a shame..." She told us more.
"Betty is..." Oliver was about to ask.
"That's right, dear, she's Rusty's wife. And she's  every bit as devoted as him as she always was.  Why only this morning, I heard her promising his lunch to him, down at the garage. All the love she poors into those sandwiches... It's enough to break your heart! Why, I'm swelling up just thinking about it!"
"Those poors sandwiches..." I joked and Drippy looked at me and gave me the 'really' face then turned to face the woman again. I'm happy this woman can't hear or see me.
"Such a kind soul... Poor, poor, Betty... I have half a mind to tell that Rusty Cartwright just how lucky he is!" The woman said.
"Jeepers..." Oliver said sadly.
"Oh just listen to me gossiping on and on! Do ignore me, dear, I'm just a silly old woman! Say 'hello' to Myrtle for me, won't you?" The lady said then turned away and walked off. Once the lady walked off, Drippy turned to face Oliver.
"Crikey, sounds like things are none too rosy in the Cartwright house hold, eh?" Drippy said.
"Mr Drippy... We can't leave her like that. We have to help her. We have to help Myrtle," Oliver said confidently.
"Let me guess... We are going to magic the door open to get in," I said.
"Looks like it, mun. Alright Ollie-boy, magic the door, so we can get in," Drippy said, but then thought about what he said and asked kind of concerned of what we were getting into, "Are you sure you want to be doing this, mun?" Drippy was kind of reconsidering doing this, knowing we shouldn't just break into someone's house just because we have magic.
"When Mom died I..." Oliver paused for a bit then continued, "If you haven't taken me to your world when I thought I was alone... If you hadn't helped me... I'd still be alone right now... That's why we have to help Myrtle. If we don't, she'll be left staring there out her window forever. All alone..."

I felt a tear drop from my eye. I realized, I was so lonely for so long after that fire incident and seeing him doing something that is technically a crime to help someone seize their loneliness.
"That's justification enough for a bit of breaking and entering in my book! Let's get in there!" Drippy said.
"Y/N," Oliver said and I snapped put of my thoughts. "You okay with this?"
"Yep! We have someone to help in there. Plus, if she is really the soulmate of the Great Sages daughter, then we should help," I said. It wouldn't hurt to try 'breaking' in right?

Yep. Cliffhanger. Sorry it took long! Thanks for reading!