Who Knew A Gay Vampire Could Fall In Love?

Intro

Night time was the worst time.

It reminded me that I was alone. My kind didn't search for blood like humans would say. What we really wanted was partnership. Somebody to ease away the internal loneliness we felt.

Sure, my sister was fun. Some of us are lucky like that, my sister has stuffed-toy familiars that take away her pain. At least momentarily. That is her power. She is one of the few gifted with original descent.

On the outside it would seem that we had brothers and sisters to pass time with but in reality, we all new that we were separate. Each and every one of my kind knew it.

Back in the 1600s, and even millenniums before then, rumors of witches and warlocks, elves and fairytale creatures. A popular myth was unique and said to be very true. They were called: Vampires.

In popular culture, Vampires were originally a tribe. A tribe of creatures of the night who spread by reproducing with cousins and siblings. They were said to survive by drinking the blood of a human being. In the following decades, Vampires were hunted down and burnt at the stake for injuring and mostly killing their prey. They were hunted to extinction.

Or so the humans thought.

100s of years after the near-extinction of Vampires, they have come back again. But the creatures that have arisen aren't descendants of the original monstrosity. They are different.

They live much longer than the older Vampires did. They can survive thousands, millions of years more than a regular human can. Unlike the old-generation Vampires, these modern Vampires are faster, merciful, stronger, smarter, and more human-like.

The main difference is: They don't just yearn for blood. They also yearn for a human soul mate.

And that is what I am. A modern-day, teenage Vampire.