Chapter 8: Akira- A Sight I Was Unprepared For...

I was being choked to death.

By a dress-shirt tie.

I looked down at myself one last time.

Dark skinny jeans, check! Lightly spiked hair tips, check! White and black plaid dress shirt, check! Casual black tie, check! Chess board designed converses, check!

“Finally,” I groaned as I exited the house and grabbed my silver bike.

The humid air was doing the opposite of messing my hair. In fact, when I stepped off my shiny bike, my hair looked nice and wind-blown.

Standing in front of the address I'd been given, I looked up to find exactly what I'd been expecting.

A giant mansion that practically screamed, “filthy rich!” [Well, Damien seemed like the laid-back, rich boy type ((not in a bad way!!))] I paused to take a nice, long look at it, and then jogged up to the door.

A sigh seemed appropriate at that time. But before I could knock (or even make any noise), the entrance was pulled open to reveal an angel.

Damien stood, damp and half-nude with only a towel strung lazily around his hips, his face practically mirroring the shock of mine. His stomach was a museum of ridges and hard muscle, wet hair was spread across his face, his legs were longer than I'd thought and smoother too, muscle outlined his upper arms while the bones protruded healthily against his forearm.

The door was suddenly slammed in my face before I could do or say anything, but no matter how many times I blinked, the image was burned into my brain.