Chapter 10

Disclaimer, this is just a fictional story.
It is not intended to hurt anyone's feeling or beliefs.Any resemblance of a person is purely coincidental.The story is purely fictional.
Thank you.
Hey guys , sorry for the late update .
My college is going to start soon , my updates will be irregular.
Please bear with me.

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or in the holy name of liberty or democracy?"

― Mahatma Gandhi

                      The Gurudakshina
Swara's pov
It was a battlefield , there was blood all over the place.
The soldiers were lying on the ground motionless.
The place screamed death , dread and darkness.
What is happening ?
Duryodhan and Karn were in their chariot , side by side and they were having their weapons in their hand.
The Pandavas stood opposite of them , they had their weapons in their hand too.
Before , I could realise what was happening , they attacked each other.
"No! This cannot happen!" I screamed.

I opened my eyes to realise, it was a nightmare

I had sweat all over my forehead.
However, it felt extremely real .
Is this is going to be the future?
I immediately went to wash my face , I felt goosebumps all over my face as I recalled my nightmare.
I realised it was in the middle of the night but , I couldn't sleep.
I kept recalling the horrible nightmare, I decided to go to the garden.
I felt my nerves relax as I admired the nature around me.
I decided to go back to my room , I halted when I heard footsteps behind me .

I turned around to find Karn looking at me in surprise.
"Devi , what are you doing out in the garden at this odd time ?" Angraj questioned me.
I recalled the nightmare as I looked at him, I hope it was just a mere dream .
"Nothing , Angraj .I was not feeling sleepy so , I decided to spend some time in the garden." I replied .
"Devi , it is not safe to be outside in this late hour , I will escort you to your room." He exclaimed.
"Devi , why didn't you treat me differently like the other princes except how Duryodhan treats me ?" He questioned me , I frowned hearing it .
"Why will I treat you differently, Angraj ?
I believe, you have the every qualities that a king should have , coming to your caste I don't believe in such system which separates the harmony of the people and segregates them." I exclaimed.
He looked taken aback , he just looked at me and smiled.