Chapter 5

"Anyone know when the next train is?" I cocked my eyebrow and giggled.

"We could walk down the river and back," Chris Suggested.

"Are you crazy? Thats 5 miles down. If you walk 5 miles down you have to walk 5 miles back and that can take till dark," Teddy said. "Now I'm gonna cross here and relax with my thoughts," He smirked.

"You use your right or left hand for that." Gordie said laughing. Although it was dirty I laughed.

"You wish,"

"And if a train comes?" Chris questioned.

"Jump." Teddy said straightforward.

"Teddy it's 100 feet." Chris said.

"You know what. Screw this. Chris take my bag for me." I said and he took the bag and placed it on his shoulder. I took off my shirt and was left in Jean shorts and a bra. I was skinny yet had a chest. The boys looked at me like I was crazy. "What are you gonna do? Swim?" Vern asked.

"Yep." I said

"No you're not," Teddy said. I threw my shirt on to my bag Chris was carrying then smirked at him and continued as I walked down to the water and examined it before getting in. The boys started walking along the train tracks as I swam across. Chris and Teddy were in the lead as Gordie and Vern were walking behind. Vern was crawling til his comb fell. I giggled and kept swimming. I watched Gordie touch the end of the train rail. He stood up and shouted. "TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINNN" My face went white as I watched them run hopelessly. I swam faster and faster. I got to land, looked up and saw them run. I ran up the hill and saw Chris and Teddy. Quickly hugged Chris and grabbed him by the shoulders to see if he were alright. Teddy was watching Gordie and Vern.

"Oh shit." Vern said getting red.

"Go man, go man! Get up Vern! Dammit! Get aaaap! Go man! Shit, Vern,  you! Get up!" He was trying to get Vern to stand up since he was crawling for some reason.

"I'm gonna fall!" Vern said, shouting.

"Dammit! God Dammit get aaap! Go! Go!" Grodie was still yelling.

They were running until Gordie threw himself and Vern off the tracks. . I ran up to them. They were out of breath cause they hugged be quickly and were shaking.

"Hey, at least we know when the next train is," He smirked.

"Not the time,"

I decided to leave my shirt off till i'm dry, the sun was beating down on me through the trees.

We reached a good camping site and laid our stuff down. I was in front of Gordie, and Chris was behind me. We cooked dinner. "Hey Vern, watch out for your food, it's gonna fall off the stick."

"It's how I like it." He said as it fell to the fire.

"Awe come on guys you got anymore?!" He said as he stammered with it tryna pull it out.

We all laughed.

"Come on guys what am I supposed to eat?!"

"Cook you dick" Teddy said laughing.

"I'll be a small meal,'' Chris said laughing.

Vern got it out of the fire and placed it on a paper plate. "Screw you guys I got it,"

After eating, Chris handed out Cigarettes. Me and Chris smoked the most. I did tricks with my smoke until Chris spoke up.

"Hey Gordo why don't you tell us a story?" Chris asked.