I

"And what would you say occupies the majority of your thoughts?" the therapists asked. She sat across from Axel in a tall and very white office chair. It matched well with everything else in the office. Although that wasn't very hard to do, since everything was white.

It made Axel's eyes hurt to look at so many differing blinding shades of white.

The only thing that stood out in this room was her bright red lipstick. Axel thought it hard to focus on any of her questions when the only color in the room was on her lips.

In response to his therapist's question, Axel shrugged, finding a particular spot on his nail to mess with. He slouched in the chair opposite the therapist, his black hair falling over his eyes. 

An audible sigh filled the room as the therapist sat straighter in her chair. "Remember that we use our words in here Axel? This is a safe place. Don't be afraid to say anything," the therapists reminded him. 

Or nothing at all, Axel thought to himself. He rolled his eyes finally deciding to look at his therapist for the first time since he arrived. 

"What do you want me to say, Yulia," Axel spat out emphasizing the lady's first name. "That for the past month, I can think of nothing else besides the face of my dead little sister?" He paused, now sitting straighter in his hard chair.

"Or maybe the fact that I don't sleep anymore, because every time I close my eyes, I see her." Axel stopped himself as his voice faltered towards the end. He was done with this. He wanted nothing more than to be out of the building. 

Away from his therapist, away from his past.

Yulia only smiled sadly reaching her hand out across the table. "That's a good start, Axel," she said to which Axel remained silent. "By the end of the week, I hope to get rid of some of that aggression and go a little deeper," she said cheerily.

Axel scoffed. Her cherry attitude made him want to throw a chair across the room. Instead, he turned away from her, looking out of the window. There wasn't much of a view, but from where he sat, he could see the sun. It offered little warmth to him, but he found it much more interesting to pay attention to rather than the woman in front of him.

"How about your parents?" Yulia paused pulling out a yellow folder and flipping a few pages until Axel's picture popped up. He glanced at it, and then back up at her. "You're no longer living with them, correct?"

Axel balled his fist at the thought of his parents. The way they just up and left him and Emmet only a few days after what happened. They left when he needed them the most and he hated them for that.

"I don't have any parents," he gritted out. His hand subconsciously went down to the fading scar on his wrist. He traced the marks remembering how helpless he felt, how he couldn't seem to get out of those stupid zip ties-

"How about we switch the topic?" Yulia broke Axel from his thoughts. 

"Let's jump back to life before the incident hm? What was it like?" she asked. She closed the folder, intertwining her fingers under her chin. 

That question surprised Axel. He couldn't help the memories and joyful moments that ran through his head like a film.

It was all too much and her face was in every one of them. It made his heartache. A pain that never fully went away from him. He couldn't take it anymore. If he stayed in here any longer he was sure he would do something he would regret.

Axel abruptly stood up already feeling his throat swell. "Look, I don't care who you are, or that my brother is paying for me to see you." He leaned against the desk that separated him from his therapist and made it so that they were eye to eye with each other.