IV

Emmet

Emmet shut his car door after him with a loud resounding slam. He held his head in his hands, leaning onto the steering wheel and trying his best to keep the tears at bay. His hands found themselves tangled in his messy hair pulling at the strands until his head hurt.

This overwhelming feeling that currently took over him was almost too much to bare. He finally leaned back in his seat, taking deep breaths through his nose. That's when the tears began to fall. 

One by one, they made their way down his face leaving a wet trail in their wake. He had no idea what possessed him to do what he did. He felt disgusted, disgust for his selfish attitude just now.

In some messed up part of his brain, he thought making Daisy look exactly as Lily did would bring him some sort of comfort, instead, it did the exact opposite. 

He wanted to feel bad for taking advantage of Daisy in that way, but deep down he felt more sorry for himself. He felt sorry because making Daisy resemble Lily did not make him feel as he had hoped.

Emmet decided to remain in the car for a little while. He didn't want to see Daisy. He couldn't. He would only end up breaking down again. 

Maybe I should go for a drive. Emmet thought to himself. That was until he remembered, he didn't grab his car keys. Instead, he merely sat in his car for a few more minutes, in complete silence. 

A sudden bang on the window shocked Emmet out of his thoughts. He looked up, meeting Axel's annoyed eyes. 

"What are you doing?" he asked opening the car door, much to Emmet's protest. Emmet held the urge to roll his eyes at his brother's poor timing. 

"What do you want?" Emmet retorted although he didn't mean for it to sound as snippy as it did. Axel raised a brow crossing his arms over his chest. 

With an irritated sigh, he grabbed Emmet by his ear, forcefully dragging him out of the car and shutting the door behind him. 

"Hey!" Emmet shouted smacking Axel's hand away. They were now standing in front of their apartment door. Emmet glared down at Axel watching as he ran a hand through his hair before pointing a finger at him.

"Whatever stupid crap you're doing, at least make it so where I don't have to get involved."

Emmet cocked a brow, wondering what the heck Axel was going on about. 

"I'm tired, and I'm trying to sleep. I don't want Daisy knocking on my door and asking me to check on you just because you tried something stupid," he seethed out.

Emmet's eyes widened slightly at his words. 

"Daisy told you to check on me...?" he muttered, his words trailing off towards the end. The breeze picked up a bit, blowing Axel's hair into his eyes. He seemed very annoyed, that much was evident to Emmet. But there was also something else in his eyes.

"What does it matter!? Just... lay off a bit. Okay?" Axel gritted out. He looked at Emmet for a few seconds, hoping he got the message before making his way back inside. 

Emmet ran his hand down his face as if he were trying to erase the past few minutes...maybe even the entire day. He stopped, remembering Axel's words. 

Was Daisy worried about him? They barely knew each other. Let alone anything that would warrant emotions such as that and yet...

No. Anyone would be worried after the crap you just pulled. 

Emmet chuckled to himself. A dry, humorless chuckle. He sat on the concrete floor, too bothered to make his way back to his car.

Looking up at the sky, he closed his eyes and let that feeling take him to where he wanted to go.