VII

Daisy

Daisy groaned as a bright light suddenly flooded her vision. She shut her eyes tighter, flipping over to the other side of the bed. The bed was so comfy and the blankets were so warm, she had no intention of leaving the little burrito she found herself in.

Suddenly the bright light that danced around her closed eyelids went dim. Daisy lazily opened her eyes. It took a few seconds for her eyes to focus on what was in front of her.

Staring back at her were the familiar dark brown eyes of Axel. She immediately sat up, backing up a little.

"W-what are you doing!?" She asked. Her heart was beating a thousand times a second. Axel merely looked at her, before straightening up from his previously bent position.

"You talk in your sleep," he said. This wasn't news to Daisy. She had always been told that.

"But why were you watching me?" Daisy asked staring up at Axel. She looked away when he shot her a glare.

"Don't get flattered, I was getting something." He motioned to the charger in his hands before abruptly walking out the door.

"Oh, one more thing." Axel peeked his head back into the room. Daisy stared at him, waiting for whatever it was he had to say.

"Breakfast is nearly ready," Axel muttered so fast, that Daisy almost didn't catch what he said.

With a groan, Daisy made herself get out of bed. She stretched her sore limbs, with a tired yawn as she made her way to the hallway bathroom to freshen up.

She still wasn't sure how long she would be sleeping in Axel's room. She knew Emmet was working on something but she wasn't sure what it was exactly.

Not that she particularly minded sleeping in Axel's room. As odd as it sounded, it was only at night when he was asleep on the floor, did she get to see the soft side of him, even if he wasn't awake for it.

Daisy quickly finished her morning routine before making her way towards the kitchen. The amazing and classic aroma of bacon and pancake filled her nostrils. It reminded her of what it felt like to have a proper home.

The first thing Daisy's eyes landed on was Emmet in an apron. She tried to keep her laughter in, but when the tall man started bopping to some music he was listening to she couldn't hold it in.

Emmet quickly turned around, perking up at Daisys giggles.

"Do you like it?" Emmet asked with a wide smile on his face, whiles gesturing to the apron.

It read: Puppies + Food= Lifetime of Happiness.

"That's definitely a ten out of ten, would recommend," Daisy laughed. Emmet gave her a toothy grin before motioning her over to the stove.

"Do you wanna help? It's nearly finished, I just have one more thing to do."

Daisy quickly nodded, excited that Emmet asked her in the first place.

"You'll let me help even after I broke a dish the other day?" Daisy asked curiously. Emmet glanced at her shrugging his shoulders.