trial 5: entrance

TW: self harm

Jiah's POV

The two boys who came back with us decide to sleep through the night and to return back to the Sanctuary early morning. I show them their rooms in Chenle's huge mansion which is filled with many bedrooms and hallways that you could get lost in. I open the door to reveal a room that could be a master bedroom in a regular two-story home.

"Wow, this room is huge," Changbin says in astonishment.

"Just wait until you see Chenle's room," I comment, imagining the empty aquarium that used to hold lots of exotic fish before the outbreak.

"Let me know if you need anything, dinner will be ready soon," I say.

"Who's cooking?" Felix asks.

"Chenle," I say.

"Maybe you could help him Felix! Get on his good side," Changbin hints, and I smile at their idea.

"Doesn't hurt to try," I say, and Felix smiles. "How good are you at cooking?" Felix smirks and looks at Changbin then at me again, making me curious.

After we had Chenle and Felix's amazing dinner which allowed for my friends to grow closer to the boys, we started getting ready for bed. I notice Daegal playing with Changbin and Felix in the living room and smile. This is a good idea. I know it is. I meet eyes with Felix and feel my heart skip a little as he looks at me. I quickly look away as I start to feel my cheeks get hot. I walk away from the living room and up the stairs towards my room but Jena pulls me aside into her room.

"What's up?" I ask, confused as to why she urgently wanted to see me. Jena closes the door and eyes me. "What?"

"Okay, call me crazy but.. did I just see you staring at Felix downstairs?" Jena asks. I cough and start laughing at her statement to hide my embarrassment.

"No, I wasn't even looking at him, I was looking at Daegal," I lie, avoiding eye contact with Jena. Jena squints her eyes at me as she tries to analyze me.

"You can never lie to me," Jena smirks, knowing me too well. I let out a tiny whine due to my defeat. "Hey, I'm not judging you, Ji." Jena puts her hands on my shoulders to calm me down. "I'm happy for you! Plus, Felix is really attractive," I sigh and nod, thinking back to his cute freckles on his face. Cute? Oh no, Jiah... "Do you like him?"

"I- I just met him," I stutter. "I think he's cute but... I don't know anything about him," I say. Jena nods, understanding what I mean.

"He seems like a good guy," Jena comforts me. "I think he'd be good to you, especially after... you know who," Jena refers to my last boyfriend who broke my heart. I nod and look down at the ground remembering him. My last boyfriend was from the safe zone we used to live in three years ago.

"I'm taking things slow," I say and head towards the bedroom door. "I don't think I'm ready for a relationship just yet," I say, making Jena sigh.

"You're never ready for it, sometimes it just happens when you least expect it," Jena says. "Look at me and Renjun. Who knew a zombie apocalypse would cause Renjun to confess to me?" I smile at how happy Jena looks when she talks about Renjun.

"How romantic," I joke, and Jena hits me playfully. "Goodnight, Jena," I leave her room and enter the hallway once again. I shake my head at her words about me liking Felix and smile to myself.

"Hey smiley," I hear a deep voice and look up to see Felix. How coincidental.

"Hiiiii," I say awkwardly and fix my baseball cap. Why am I so nervous? "I didn't know you cooked so well," I comment, trying to find something to talk about. Felix nods and smiles.