47.

"Tell me something." I whispered into the darkness as Gisella played in my hair. We were cuddling on my bed, half asleep and barely watching whatever movie was playing on Netflix. It was the last day of spring break and I didn't want it to be over.
"Before I met you, I was lonely." She said quietly. Gisella could have anyone in the world she wanted so that surprised me.
"Really? Me too."
"I was miserable and sad. But when I saw you...I knew I wanted and needed to have you." She kissed my nose and left me feeling giddy. I was speechless.
"I'm blushing."
"I know." She gushed.
In the blink of an eye, our moment was ruined. The bedroom door opened slightly before daddy's long arm turned the light on. Gisella didn't have time to remove her leg from over mine and our bodies were still entangled.
"I thought I heard voices. Why are...you guys...still awake...?" He asked sleepily as he rubbed his eyes. Gisella retreated under the blankets and away from my body.
"I couldn't sleep." I said. He eyed the two of us suspiciously and leaned against the wall.
"Why are you in Stacy's bed?"
"She was sad. And I was awake." Gisella lied effortlessly. Neither one of us were going to tell him we weren't tired but had been making out the last half an hour. Either way, he didn't look convinced.
"You can go to your room now." The way daddy dismissed Gisella made my skin crawl and angered me.
I watched her get up slowly, pull her shorts down and take her time leaving my bedroom. As she passed daddy, she turned around and blew me a kiss, giving me butterflies but he didn't notice. He was too focused on staring around my room. After Gisella was gone and I heard her bedroom door shut, daddy walked over to my bed and sat down.
"Is there something you want to tell me?" He asked in his police officer voice. I rolled my eyes.
"Is there something you want me to tell you?" I asked.
"I don't know. You tell me. That didn't look like two friends hanging out because you couldn't sleep."
"Yeah? So what did it look like then dad?" I cocked my head to the side and intentionally stared at him hard enough to make him uncomfortable.
"I Uhh...I don't know but Estelle wouldn't like it if she saw you guys lying next to one another like that..."
"Poor baby." I deadpanned with a yawn. "Is there anything else? I'm tired."
"Stacy, I know we don't talk as much as we used to but..."
"We don't talk at all." I informed him. My attitude was heading south quickly.
"I'm just saying you can talk to me if you need to, princess."
"Okay dad. Like I said, I'm tired. And I have school in the morning. Can we do this another time?" I forced another yawn out as he stood to his feet.
"Okay, goodnight."
****
After school a couple days later, instead of going home to a house with daddy and Estelle, I sat comfortably in the library and waited for Gisella. I was engulfed in a book even though I knew I needed to be studying for my Spanish 2 exam but I couldn't find the will power to do so.
"Bonjour, Stacy." Gisella's voice was sweet as honey and beyond enticing. I turned around and smiled as her eyes slowly lingered over me.
"Hi babe."
"No Spanish 2?" She grinned and sat next to me, bringing a cloud of perfume with her. I groaned.
"I reaaalllly don't wanna."
"Come, come. I will help you." Gisella offered as she reached for the book in my hand.
The two of us spent almost two extra hours after school, studying in the library but mostly flirting and playing footsies. I liked when it was just the two of us. By the time we packed up our things and headed home, my stomach started twisting and turning violently.
Like I knew they would be, Estelle and daddy's cars were parked in the driveway. It was starting to feel a lot like staying in a prison, being at home and I didn't like it.
"Smile, pretty. Everything will be alright." Gisella whispered.
Everything wasn't alright though. In the living room, there were four suitcases and neither daddy nor Estelle had heard us come through the front door. Estelle's voice floated in the air first.
"I am sorry, truly. But I can not have my daughter be...that way because of yours."
"Stacy isn't a lesbian hon, I know my daughter."
"Tony said he saw them holding hands! That is what lesbians do, no?!" Estelle screamed angrily. Daddy turned around first. The horror on his face told me everything his words didn't have to say. He wasn't going to win this fight...