34.

"Babe, can you just tell me? Please??" I asked as I grabbed Gisella by the arm and pulled her into my body. Even though we were outside and it was windy and cold, her body was warm to the touch.
"Mon amourrrr..." She groaned but smiled as soon as I gave her puppy dog eyes. We were standing next to her motorcycle and both reaching for the helmets tucked away. Every time I saw her shake out her ponytail just to put the helmet on, she reminded me of a movie star, she was so beautiful.
"Please, babe."
"Okay. I will tell you."
I waited for what felt like an hour before she rolled her eyes and finally caved in.
"I got the money from my mother."
"She just gave you $4,000?" I asked in disbelief. Would she do something like that? I really didn't know the woman at all except I knew I didn't like her so I couldn't answer my own question. Gisella tapped her foot and shook her head.
"Not exactly."
"Babe."
"I stole my mother's credit card, Stacy." She turned around, revved the engine and waited until I was ready to ride. When I wrapped my arms around her body and squeezed, she took off slowly and I got lost in the way she felt in my arms like I did every time I rode on her bike.
If I could hold Gisella in my arms all day, I would. I'd hold her all night too. She fit like a missing puzzle piece and I think she knew it. I didn't believe she would steal her mom's credit card but then again a small part of me wanted it to be true. Gisella's personality made her that much more attractive to me, including the new bad girl streak I was starting to get to know. I didn't know anything about love but when we pulled up to the junkyard and I watched Gisella shake out her helmet hair under the afternoon sun, I knew I loved her. The feeling flowing through my body was much stronger than like, infatuation or even lust. She blushed and turned her head to the side to get out of my line of sight. It was cute.
"Gisella."
"Don't say my name that way, mon amour."
"Did you really steal your mom's credit card?"
"Oui, I did." Gisella reached for her wallet and then pulled out a black card. She wiggled her eyebrows and waved it in the air. My heart started beating loud enough to leave a ringing noise in my ears.
"Allez, on y va, bébé. Chop, chop." Gisella gently pushed me towards the small building with a charming smile. When she smiled that way, she could get me to do anything and that scared me. As soon as I was inside, warm air brushed against my nose.
"Ahh, I didn't think you'd be back." Gerald smiled, brushed his hair from his eyes and then took his time looking at both of us. It made my skin crawl.
"I keep my word." Gisella smiled as she slid her hand inside of mine. Butterflies in my stomach made my head feel funny.
I stepped back while they did business and admired the way Gisella had confidence in everything she did. She had natural beauty and I loved it.
"Stacy, my love, where are you?" Gisella tapped my nose, giggled and then pecked my lips. I couldn't stop myself from smiling.
"I'm right here babe."
"Come, come. I am excited." She held up a silver key and smiled. Then she pulled my arm gently and led me outside towards the parked van.
Gisella was beyond excited, it was so cute. I loved the way her smile was bright and big enough to reach her eyes. We stared at the van, blinded by excitement and possibilities.
"Whatcha gonna do with the van anyways?" Gerald asked.
"We are going to travel after graduation." Gisella answered as she walked around the van. I nodded and followed behind her.
"I'm going off grid here soon myself." He said. "Gimme a call if you're interested in some company...ya know, when you graduate."
Jealousy made my skin tingle and my mouth dry. Before Gisella could say anything, I crossed my arms and glared at the boy.
"She isn't interested in calling you."
"Well okay..." Gerald wiped the sweat from his forehead and chuckled awkwardly. Gisella blushed as she looked at me. She bit her lip and continued to smile but I was in a bad mood now.
"Thank you, Gerald. You can leave now." I dismissed him and took a deep breath.
After Gerald walked away with his head down, Gisella pulled me into her arms where I melted.
"You are so feisty. It's hot." She kissed my lips and then dangled the key in the air happily. My stomach fluttered. Looking at the key in her hand made me smile. Her excitement rubbed off on me quickly.
"We bought a van!" She exclaimed.
I nodded and climbed in the passenger seat. Since Ben offered to let us park it in his backyard, I knew where we were going as she put the key in the ignition and started the van. As it it roared to life, a wave of happiness washed over me. I couldn't believe it. We bought a van. Gisella really stole her mom's credit card to buy the hippie van she wanted and I admired that for some strange reason.
I liked my girlfriend for a lot of reasons but knowing what she did to get what we both wanted made me like her even more. I was excited to graduate so we could be together openly but now I really couldn't wait. We had each other, our van and a plan. Now all we had to do was graduate...