Something about hunters.

Yuu knew exactly who that voice belonged to. Of course, he still had a somewhat misplaced trust that he could beat her in a fight, but he knew it was better not to anger his squat leader too much. Because of that, and because the unfamiliar girl had just stated she was not looking for a challenge, the soldier put his sword away. "Shinoa? You're here, too???"

"Of course I am, idiot." Shinoa rushed towards the boy, a stern expression covering her face. "I have been looking for you now for almost an hour! We almost thought you got attacked by a vampire or something."

Self-assured, Yu replied. "Attacked by a vampire? You're joking! If I was attacked by a vampire, that guy would be dust now!" And even though he almost overheard it, he suddenly realized and repeated what Shinoa had just said. "Wait a sec. 'We thought that . . . ?'"

Yu hoped to see another one of his comrades, but instead, someone else followed behind Shinoa. Despite the darkness, his silver-white hair was hard to oversee, as it reflected the moonlight.

"Zero!" Yuki lowered her Artemis. "Thank goodness! I almost thought I'd get involved in a fight." Yuu raised an eyebrow as if to say, "what's wrong with that?".

Zero let out a sigh. "Your purple-hair friend explained to me that you belong to some kind of special unit of vampire hunters. I suggest you don't get involved in fights with an innocent human bystander."

"Urgh. I didn't- Well I was going to put back my weapon when Yuki said she didn't want to fight." Yuu defended himself. "But even if she didn't, it would've been nothing more than a sparring match!"

"Sparring match?!" Yuki exclaimed. "Who uses a deadly sword in a sparring match?! In fact, what kind of reckless idiot would attack a person right out of nowhere for no reason?"

"You attacked her???" Zero concluded. "You're a vampire hunter! Can't you even distinguish a human from a blood-sucker?"

"Distinguish? Well what am I supposed to do, go all dentist-style and check for some fangs or what?" Yuu replied.

"No, but you should have vampire hunter senses, right?!" An aggressive undertone appeared in Zero's voice. "I mean, how can you call yourself a hunter without that?"

"Senses?" Shinoa asked. "I mean, some people do recognize vampires quite easily, but I wouldn't say it is for some kind of sense now, is it?" When thinking about ways to recognize vampires, just like Yuu, the first thing Shinoa would think of was the physical features like eyes, fangs, or ears. Then she'd go for behavior. Not that she ever needed to look for clues to recognize one of these blood-suckers, as they would just wear a uniform that basically fool-proof indicated their alliance.

"Not you, too." Zero growled. At Cross Academy, he was surrounded by a bunch of idealistic vampire-defenders. Talking to fellow vampire hunters seemed to be a piece of cake, compared to that. But this situation only caused him headaches.

"Well, I did always think there had to be some kind of sense behind it." Yuki added.