Two reflections meet.

Of course, as dorm president, it was his duty to be an example to all the other students - especially since they were vampires. However, it became a habit of his, maybe even a necessity, to slip out of classes and exchange his thoughts with the headmaster. Especially now, since Zero was barely able to control the vampire side of his, he couldn't allow himself to be careless. And he was also always at Yuki's side. Any detail Kaname missed could mean the death of the person dearest to him.

The night classes were still taking place and it was not yet time for Kaname to go to the vampires' dormitories. Lost in thought, standing in front of the school building, he remembered the two unfamiliar faces he just saw in front of the headmaster's office. He was rather confident that those two kids were no vampires. Everything about them hinted at them being hunters. But still, everything that did hint at such a thing was also slightly off. The uniforms, the weapons, their sudden appearance. Everything seemed fitting but not fitting at the same time. And the more he thought about it, the more it also seemed familiar.

Staring into the distance, he eventually spotted Zero, still at the school ground for patrol. Although he usually avoided Smalltalk the silver-haired hunter, today's odd occurrences could not be brushed off to the side that easily.

"Good morning, Zero." Kaname greeted.

"What do you want?" Zero hissed.

"I'd like you to share your knowledge with me."

Zero stared at the pureblood in dead silence.

Any normal vampire would have acted on that as if it was an order. Zero, however, was an extremely difficult case to deal with. As were all vampire hunters. Well, give or take a few, such as Kaien Cross on multiple occasions.

"It is about the two strangers from today morning." Kaname specified.

Zero's eyes went wide open. Of course, he would already know. Somehow, that creep was always the first one to be informed about anything.

Kaname did not wait for any comment on that and continued. "I at first assumed they were hunters, but things don't exactly match up, now do they?" He explained in a cold tone of voice. "As a hunter and a prefect at this school, you wouldn't happen to know anything about it, would you?"

"So you can't figure out? Pity. Go ask someone else, I am busy." Zero rejected.

"That's not very nice of you, Zero." Kaname commented, but it didn't receive an answer. However, whatever was going on at this school was not expected, and therefore Kaname didn't like it. Something was wrong.

As a pureblood, it was more than easy for Kaname to spot presences on the school ground. Smell, sound, sight. His senses were incomparable to the one of a human, especially if he concentrated on something. And although he knew night class was still not over, he knew there was another vampire somewhere outside. Not him. Not Zero. And definitely none of the two 'vampire hunters'. As far as he could tell, it was no vampire he knew of.

Whoever that person was, Kaname was heading for their destination. If he deemed them an enemy, Kaname would kill them on sight. But he stopped, seeing an old book laying on the ground, right in the middle of some tall grass.

Skimming through the book, the spell circles were the first thing to get noticed by the pureblood. "Spellcasting?" He thought. And on top of that, he was unable to identify more than half of the spells. Aside from a few exceptions, most of them should be forgotten knowledge. The knowledge he had last seen about 10000 years ago.

He kept skipping through the book, from page to page, until he was interrupted by a voice almost as cold and serious as his own. "If you could," the person spoke from behind, "would you mind answering me some questions?"

Kaname did only glance over at the blade, that was almost touching his neck.