Chapter 3 : 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒉𝒂𝒅𝒐𝒘 𝑫𝒆𝒔𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔

•Y/n Pov•

I'm now currently lounging around in my room while watching TV. "Ugh...I'm so bored..." I groaned. I had no more work for the day. "It's time for the Underworld Network News. I'm your newscaster, DJ Peacock!" The newscaster zoomed in on the camera.

"We've just received word of a shocking development! A series of forceful robberies have been occuring at art museums all over the world!" I raised an eyebrow. "These crimes have an extremely forceful and brutal modus operandi!" I gasped. "Who would do such a thing...?"

"And incredibly, we've received word that Joker may be behind them!" They showed a picture of Joker, although it was dark. "The underworld is on pins and needles about these rumors! If this is true...then Joker is no longer a phantom thief, but a mere violent criminal! This is a far-beyond-heart-pounding, overstimulalting development!" The newscaster panicked. I shook my head.

"That's not Joker, he would never do that." I exclaimed. "Although, that figure looks...familiar?" I thought but just shrugged it off. I heard that he'll be appearing next at the Moonlight Grand Hotel, the gemini crown...

"Guess I'm going on a little trip."

~

Hopping from roof to roof, I finally made it. "Guess all that training wasn't a waste after all..." I sighed. "I wish for a disguise..." Soon, a pair of glasses were in my hands. I put them on and realized that my hair was in a messy bun. "Thanks." I smiled at my bracelet.

I jumped down, from balcony to balcony until an explosion was heard. I looked down and saw Joker but in purple. I also saw Inspector Oniyama hanging on to the fake Joker. "What is he doing?!" I quickly but carefully jumped down faster, stopping once I was close enough.

I saw the fake blast Inspector Oniyama and my eyes widened. "Inspector!" I shouted in fright. I jumped from the balcony I was on and launched myself at the fake. "Stop it!" I hung onto him, looking at him straight in the eyes, feeling very angry.

"N/n?! What are you doing here?!" I heard someone shout. Joker. "Ugh, get off of me!" Just as he was about to blast me with his umbrella, his eyes widen slightly. "...Y/n?" He asked, his voice softer, and my eyes widened too.

"How do you-" I pause. "...Cyan?" He shushed me and placed me down on the ground gently. "It's best not to be seen with me for too long." He said quietly and I nod.

Joker soon made it to where we are and I saw the inspector's body floating on the water. I covered my mouth. "Inspector..." I uttered quietly as my eyes swell. Ever since my parents' death, the inspector had always treated me kindly. He was one of the few people I considered a friend, strange as it may be.

Shadow looked at me, then averted his eyes in guilt. Hachi made it down too, using balloon gum.

"Inspector Oniyama..."

"No way..."

Cyan clicked his tongue. "What a stupid man. If he hadn't done something so foolish, he wouldn't have had to die." Arrow pierced through my heart hearing Cyan say that, but I guess he had no choice. Joker gritted his teeth.

"Do you two want to end up the same way?" He cackled. My eyes widen and my heart rate quickened. "Please no..." I pleaded mentally. "Shadow!" Joker shouted. "You're not a phantom thief." He started. "You're just a robber!" He threw a card at Shadow, hitting the crown and making it fall to the ground.

"Robbers shouldn't touch treasure. That lowers its value." He stated. "Very well, then I'll finish you off here." I looked up at Joker with anxious eyes. "With my bloody rain!" He pointed his umbrella at Joker and started firing it, but not before Joker picked me up. I silently prayed while Joker was dodging Shadow's attacks.