Chapter 12 : 𝑩𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑳𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝑹𝒂𝒈𝒏𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒌

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Miss L/n. Thank you for coming all the way to Saffron Kingdom. The trip must have been tiring." A middle aged man dressed in proper traditional Saffron clothing stood in front of me, a polite smile was present on his face as I stood with a smile of my own.

"The pleasure is all mine. My visit to Saffron Kingdom today is my first, so i had an enjoyable time on my way here." I had arrived at Saffron Kingdom the day before yesterday due to work purposes.

The temperature in this kingdom is higher than what I'm used to, but the unfamiliar architecture and clothing here are interesting.

I held in the urge to adjust my collar, suddenly feeling more conscious of the extreme heat. I would dress in more suitable clothing had I known it'd be this hot.

"Maybe I should get some lighter clothes after this." I mentally sighed as a bead of sweat ran down my cheek before I wipe it off with a handkerchief.

~2 hours later~

I leaned against my seat as the smell of food filled my nostrils, the smell making my stomach let out a low growl. A faint pink hue crept up my cheeks in embarrassment as I heard my butler chuckle. "Are you tired, my lady?"

"A bit." I laughed sheepishly as I held my glass cup of a juice I never tasted before in my hands. We stopped by a local restaurant for lunch to try the local delicacies, and it smelled promising.

"I'm sorry for bringing you along, mister Keith." I frowned a little, guilty.

My butler, Keith, was someone who'd been working for my family ever since I was a child. My parents would probably be around his age, if they were still alive. He or Anne would accompany me whenever I had to go overseas, and I've always felt extremely grateful to them for it.

Keith gave me his usual reassuring smile, his features still looking quite young despite his age. "It's no trouble, my lady. I'm happy to be able to accompany you." He took a sip of his own glass before looking back at me, but his gaze turned a little somber as he spoke.

"You've grown into a fine young lady. I'm sure your parents would be most proud of you."

I smiled softly at him, appreciating the comfort of his words. I gazed down at the glass in my hand. Would they? I wonder. "I hope so." I uttered just as our food arrived.

~

After lunch, we went back to the hotel and I told Keith that I wanted to take a look around town alone. He was hesitant at first out of concern for me, but after a lot of convincing, he gave in to my wishes. He knew I was capable of looking after myself, but perhaps the parent within him couldn't help but worry.

I inhaled deeply, taking in the fresh air as I walked. Up ahead, I spotted a large structure. Curious, I walked towards it. I halted in my steps in awe as I set my eyes on a large palace, surrounded by walls.

"Ah...right. I heard this kingdom is ruled by a young princess." Curiosity sparked inside me at the thought, but I shook it aside, wanting to focus on my time of 'relaxation' from my hell of a work schedule. Yeah it's been pretty busy lately.

I kept walking near the area, and soon reached a less crowded place with a few plants and flowers nearby and a small fountain at the center.

This place seemed much...greener than the town I saw, yet hardly anyone is here. A secret place, maybe?

My thoughts were cut short as I spotted a little girl with rose red hair, appearing to be in a daze. She wore Saffron attire, yet it looked somewhat different than what I had seen.

Perhaps sensing my presence, she lifted her head and looked around before spotting me. I tensed, nervous and unsure, before approaching slowly and carefully as she looked at me with curiosity and a hint of suspicion.