Chapter 6 : 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑫𝒊𝒂𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑸𝒖𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝑻𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔

•Y/n Pov•

"Y/n dear..." I heard a faint voice coming from the door. Not too long after that, the door creaked, I heard footsteps coming towards me so I decided to open my eyes.

Beside my bed was Mother clapping her hands and Father holding a cake. "Wha?..." My vision was still hazy so I rubbed my eyes to get a better look.

I sat up and yawned. "Hi Mom and Dad..." I smiled. "Happy birthday, dear!" Mother exclaimed. They started singing and clapping and I just sat there, smiling.

"Blow the candles! Blow the candles!" Dad brought the cake closer to me. I giggled and blew out the candles. "The cake looks delicious..." I slightly drooled. "Haha, this is just an extra cake. Your real cake will be at your birthday party." Dad said.

"Birthday party?" I tilted my head. "Yes, dear. So better get dressed! The party's at lunch." Mom said. "I don't need a birthday party, this much is enough." I smiled. "But thank you." I gave them a hug.

"No problem, dear. But you're still gonna have that birthday party!" Dad exclaimed and I giggled. "Okay."

After I got dressed, I went to the living room and saw Mother there, holding a small, neat box.

"Oh hi, dear. You look gorgeous!" I waved. "Sit down." She patted the spot beside to her. "I want to give you something." "What is it, Mom?" She picked up the box and placed it on my lap.

I look at it in wonder. "Open it." I did as she said and slowly opened the box, revealing a necklace.

" I did as she said and slowly opened the box, revealing a necklace

My eyes sparkled at the sight of it. "It's so pretty!" I admired. "I'm glad you like it. It's my birthday gift to you." Mother smiled.

"Where did you get this, Mom?" Her expression changed a bit after my question. "Your grandfather gave it to me when It was my 12th birthday." My eyes widened.

"I had a grandfather?" Mom stifled a laugh at my lack of knowledge. "Of course, dear. But he wasn't my biological father." I raised an eyebrow.

"He was my adoptive father. But, he treated me like I was his real daughter." Mother smiled. "Ohh..." I nodded. "So, let's say that it's his gift to you, too." "But, would he have wanted me to wear this?" I frowned. "Without a doubt."

I smiled and gave mother a hug. "Thank you...both of you." She gladly returned the hug and stroked my head. "Our pleasure, dear. Happy birthday, Y/n."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Opening my eyes, I breathed heavily as tears were flowing out of my eyes. "Mother...." I clutched my necklace. It took me a few minutes before getting out of bed and taking a shower. "What should i do today..."