chapter52

█ ▆ ▄ ▁

Jeongguk's phone suddenly went off.

He groan from being woken up, taking the pillow off his face and reaching out to the nightstand to grab his phone. "Yeah—hello? What?"

"Officer Jeon. We need you down at the station. Your father needs you."

Jeongguk sighs. "What for?"

"We can't talk about it over the phone."

Jeongguk rubbed his temple, sighing again. "Fine. I'll be there at eleven."

"It's urgent, Jeon."

"Still showing up at eleven." Jeongguk hangs up, tossing his phone to the side.

Jeongguk sits up from the bed, slicking his bed head hair back. He wiped his face, from the tiredness that's still in his system. He couldn't help to lie back down, groaning in annoyance. I don't want to see my dad. He's still a jerk ever since I went to high school. Jeongguk thought, frowning.

"Was that your boss?"

Jeongguk fluttered his eyes and looked over at the door. He made eye contact with Namjoon, seeing him leaning on the doorframe with a questionable look and a tilted head.

"Bosses assistant." Jeongguk mumbled.

Namjoon nods, walking over to the bed and sitting down on the edge of the bed. "What's with the morning grumpiness?" Namjoon couldn't help to ask.

"I have to see my Appa at eleven. And he's a dick." Jeongguk sadly says. "Plus, he's my boss. The sheriff."

Namjoon blinks, biting the inside of his cheek. "Do you want me to come with you?"

"My Appa will push you away so he can only talk to me." Jeongguk sits up from the bed. "It'll be difficult."

Namjoon crossed his arms. "Did you forget who I am?"

Jeongguk looks at him, smiling. "Nope."

"Yah. I can get myself to stay with you. Don't you think I can't."

Jeongguk softly chuckles, getting up from the bed and  walked over to the other side of it where Namjoon is happily sitting on the edge. Jeongguk happily cupped the older's face, caressing his cheekbones with a soft smile. Namjoon softly smiles at him, lifting his hands up to place his hands on top of his hands.

He removed his hands from his face, moving his hands off and softly holding him. "Can I come with you?"

Jeongguk held his hands. "Yes. You can come with me, Hyung."

"Don't call me Hyung."

Jeongguk chuckled. "Fine. Namjoon Hyung."

Namjoon scoffs and stands up, leaning and softly kissing him on the lips. "Much better. But still, don't call me Hyung."

"You know how respectful I am to you..."

Namjoon let's go of his other hand and pulled him with. "I'll help you change."

"Into my my uniform, right?"

"Sure. You can say that." Namjoon jokingly said.

Jeongguk and Namjoon both got out of the car.

Nicely, Namjoon did him a favor and got his personal Uber to drive both of them to the police department. Jeongguk softly smiles at the older as he pushes the door open for the both of them. Namjoon had his pure black suit on, having a turtleneck under to cover his art from the officer. Jeongguk decided to wear a turtleneck too so he won't feel left out.

Jeongguk suddenly leans into the older's ear. "I would be holding your hand right now if everyone knew about us. No one gives a shit in here of what our sexuality is. Well, except for my Appa." He slightly chuckles, nudging the older.

Namjoon rolled his eyes, keeping his usual straight face when he's public. Jeongguk pulled himself away, almost forgetting that he's not social like he is. Emotion wise. Jeongguk pushed the doors open to the sheriff's office, keeping one open for the older to get through.

Jeongguk quickly goes into a full bow form, Namjoon giving him a small bow with his eyes staying low. The sheriff—Jeongguk's father—was facing away, writing on his whiteboard about who's watching the roads and such.

"Sheriff Jeon." Jeongguk spoke up. "You needed to see me?"

"I need you back on duty."

Jeongguk lifts himself up. "App—Sheriff. I have another duty to protect a CEO."

"You're not a bodyguard, Jeon." Jeongguk's father puts the cap on his marker and turns around. "You are a police officer. You're not some stupid protecting guy for a rich boy who owns a big building; you are for the city. The people. The wrongs and rights."

"I understand, sir. But—"

"He's still doing his job."

Jeongguk froze. He turned his head to Namjoon who suddenly spoke up. His eyes were still lowered, for some reason, still not looking at the sheriff. Jeongguk was panicking about the situation in his head.

"Excuse me?" He puts his hands on his hips.

"Police officers protect people. He's protecting a CEO and their family that's having a tragic and dangerous life. He's still doing his duties while they're home and safe." Namjoon looks up at him. "For you, I know you wouldn't believe that."

"And who the hell are you?" The sheriff couldn't help to ask.

Namjoon put his hands behind his back. "The rich boy that owns a big building, that you've mentioned."

Jeongguk starts to sweat.

ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘𐡏~♡

continuing in next chapter