Chapter 4

Tony's pov

I had spent the night working in my lab, refining my suit, and trying to come up with an explanation for the government as to why I had accidentally created an evil robot that almost destroyed an entire city. I also felt bad, Nat was right, I shouldn't have blamed Wanda. It wasn't her fault. Sure she had caused us a lot of trouble but in the end I was to blame, and I knew that.

When morning came I had been eating breakfast when Wanda walked in. I looked at her and saw how tired she looked, and I felt guilty once again. She barley spoke and kept to herself, and suddenly Bruce asked her about her family. What was he thinking? The girl had just lost her brother and now he was asking her about relatives? I knew that he didn't mean any harm, but it was a stupid question. 

Wanda explained that she didn't have anyone, and everyone looked down sadly. Jeez, I knew that she had lost her brother and her parents, but no relatives at all? When I looked up she was gone and shortly after I heard a crash. I told everyone that I would be back and went to investigate where the sound had come from when I was startled by Wanda. I noticed that both her and  the room were shaking and there was red mist forming around her. I wasn't entirely sure what to say, but I began to speak, "Oh.. Um.. I didn't know you were in here. I heard something fall." She looked up at me when I noticed her puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks.

We began talking and I felt worse and worse as she went on. There were a few problems that she had caused in Sokovia, but her brother certainly wasn't one of them. I tried to calm her down, and slowly sat next to her and started patting her shoulder. Wanda looked at me again and asked, "Why are you being so nice to me? I-I don't deserve it." "Well.. I feel bad about what I said last night. I'm not huge on apologizing but I'm really sorry, Ultron is on me not you." She looked at me yet again. Nat was right, she was young. "Hey, how old are you anyway?"

"Oh, I'm 17." Wanda replied. Seventeen. Shit. I knew she was young but not that young. I really felt bad now. I had made a mistake and here I was blaming a seventeen year old girl who had just lost her brother for my wrongdoings. I decided to try and get to know her, hopefully I could get her less upset and the bathroom would stop shaking.

"Wanda, if you don't mind me asking.. what happened to your parents?" I regretted the question as soon as it came out of my mouth, what was I thinking? I was trying to calm her down, making her think about her dead family probably wasn't the way to do it. I did n't expect her to answer but to my surprise she began to slow her breathing and Answer my question.

"I was ten. My family and I were sitting down to watch a show when a missile landed on our house. There was an explosion and both of my parent were lost. P-Pietro and I stayed in the remains for two days, watching the red timer beep praying that it wouldn't go off." Wait. Red timer? No, it couldn't be one of my missiles.. could it? "W-what kind of missile was it Wanda?" Her breathing hitched and after a few minutes she responded; "A stark industries missile."

I felt like I had been punched in the stomach. No wonder she had hated me and the Avengers so much, I was the cause of her parents demise. The room had stopped shaking, but Wanda hadn't. Her strong sobs had turned into quiet tears, I patted her shoulder and turned her to me. "Wanda, I'm really sorry for everything you've been through. I promise I'm going to do everything I can to make sure that you know me and the rest of the Avengers are your new family. You won't be alone, I swear." She gave a tiny smile through her tears, and I knew I would do whatever I could to make sure she wouldn't experience any more loss.