Chapter 6

Wanda's Pov

I'm in  Sokovia. The Avengers and I are fighting off hundreds of Ultron's robots. Though I know I'm not truly a part of this team it feels nice to help do something good for what seems like the first time in a long time. Maybe, just maybe if we all get out of this Pietro and I can become avengers. We fight off a lot of the robots but the others have to help the people. Clint goes to leave but then stops

Clint: What about the core?

Me: I'll protect it. It's my job. Get the people on the boats.

Pietro: I'm not going to leave you here.

Me: I can handle this. I destroy another robot. Come back for me when everyone else is off, not before.

Pietro: Hmm.

Me: You understand?

Pietro: You know, I'm twelve minutes older than you.

Me: I chuckle. Go.

I continue fighting off the robots and I see Pietro make it to the boat. I breathe a sigh of relief. He made it. But then I see him look distraught and come rushing back. What is he doing? Before I can comprehend what's happening he falls to the ground in a lifeless heap, bullet wounds encasing his entire body. I begin to tremble and I let out a huge sob. My powers explode out of me in a giant burst of red, killing the rest of the robots. I crumple to the floor.

"Wanda!" "Wanda!"

I suddenly fly awake and realize in horror that the entire room is shaking violently. I must have dozed off on the couch and had a nightmare. I look up to see the avengers looking at me in concern. "Wanda.. are you alright?" Nat asks. "I- I.." My voice cracks and I'm unable to finish my sentence. Tears continue to spill from my eyes as I attempt to make the room stop shaking. 

"I'm sorry, I had a n-nightmare." The group's eyes soften and Nat and Vision sit down next to me. I shakily begin speaking once again. "I was in Sokovia again.. watching him die. I used to have nightmares about my parents and my powers would get out of control but Pietro could always calm me down. And.. now he's gone." My voice grows quieter with each word but everyone heard me. The room has slowly stopped it's rattling and everybody is looking at me again.

God, these past few days have felt like an endless cycle of sadness. I can't go more than a few hours without thinking of him, but when I think of him I lose control. I'm tired of feeling so weak and vulnerable. 

Then, to my shock, Tony begins to speak. "You know, Wanda... I lost my parents too. I used to have a lot of panic attacks and if you'd like, I can help you." The rest of the group smile at me and one by one sit down near me. "We're here for you Wanda. We can be your family, if that's what you'd like. I know that we can never replace your brother or parents, but you have a home here." Nat says. "And we can all try to help you with your powers. Perhaps the mind stone being in my head can allow me to help you control them." Vision adds. I start to smile. A real smile. "Thank you all.. thank you so much." 

"Of course Wanda. Never feel embarrassed about feeling out of control, we've all been there." Says Clint. "Hey guys, we should all do a movie night! I bet Wanda's never seen Harry potter, and she's kinda like a witch." Steve exclaims. "Um.. I am not a witch!" I laugh, pretending to be offended. "Oh yes you are!" Everyone piles around me making jokes, and I feel safe.

Author's note:

Once again, I hope you're all enjoying the story so far! From now on I'll be updating at least once a week, thank you for the reads!! 

-e :))