Chapter 7

Wanda's Pov

I had spent the last week bonding with the Avengers, and I've grown close to all of them. Those that were still cautious about me were now confident that I could be trusted and though I wouldn't admit it out-loud they had began to feel like a dysfunctional family to me.

I was sitting in my room reading a book that Nat recommended to me when FRIDAY'S robotic voice interrupted. "Wanda, everyone is in the common room discussing what to order for dinner, they asked me to come get you." I nodded and then realized FRIDAY couldn't see me so I hastily responded, "Okay, thanks!" and got got up to join them.

"C'mon, can we pleaseeeee get chinese food tonight?" I heard Clint whine. "No! I want pizza." I heard Nat reply. I plopped down on one of the sofas and chuckled. "Ooh! Wanda! You want pizza right?" Nat pleaded.

"Umm, I literally had scraps for like seven years, anything that doesn't come in a can sounds good to me." Everyone looked around for a few seconds not sure how to react. "Jeez, it was a joke lighten up guys! But I would like some pasta to be honest." They all began to chuckle and Clint finally caved. "Ugh, fine we can get from that Italian place. As long as you order those cookies from there that I love." Steve, Bruce, and Tony all nodded their heads in agreement and Nat ordered our food.

I relaxed on the soft sofa and turned on the television. I scrolled to season two of stranger things, pressed play, and began to watch. Just then Nat and Tony sat down beside me. "So I see Nat showed you stranger things. She got us all hooked." Tony said. "Yep! It's really good, I usually just watch sitcoms." 

Everybody else sat down by me and started to watch as well. "Hey Wanda, me and Steve were having a debate a few weeks ago. Who do you prefer, Mike or El?" Clint asked.

"Are you kidding me? El! We have some of the same powers, she's so cool." "See! I told ya!" Steve jabbed at Clint, "El is so much cooler." Clint just rolled his eyes and lightly pushed me off the couch. "Hey!! what was that for? You are so going to regret that." 

I grinned and levitated him off the couch as I amusingly watched him protest and tell me to put him down. "Maybe next time you'll remember she can move things with her mind before you make her mad." Nat told him as she broke out into a fit of laughter and pulled me close to her on the sofa. Clint was still flouncing around in the air and everyone went into a fit of hysterics. 

"Wandaaaa! Put me dowwnnn!!" He begged. I turned him upside down and set him down on the floor. "Um, ow!" The entire room couldn't stop laughing and I smirked at him. "Nice one little witch." Tony smiled. Normally I would protest and insist that I wasn't a witch but I had grown fond of the nickname and I only chuckled softly. We kept watching the show until FRIDAY told us that our food had arrived. 

"I'll get it!" I paused the show and jumped up to answer the door. Once I had the food I levitated everything onto the table and let the group know that everything was ready. "Wan, has anyone ever told you how insanely cool your powers are? Usually we would have a twenty minute long fight about who has to set the table. The entire room nodded they're heads in agreement and I shook my head and giggled.

We all sat around the table until I noticed Vision's chair was empty again. "Vis! Get your android butt in here!" I called out. He hesitantly entered the room and sat down. "Wanda, I still don't understand why you request my presence at dinner each night. I don't eat." "Vis! I told you. Dysfunctional family bonding, duh." The table cracked up and even vision let out a smile.

"Oh, alright." He agreed and we all went back to talking and smiling for the rest of the meal until Clint suddenly let out a loud groan. "Natasha Romanoff!! He wailed, "You forgot to order the cookies!" "Oh ummm, oops?" Nat shrugged apologetically. Everyone moaned in disappointment until I came to a sudden realization and piped up.

"Hey wait! I'm great at making cookies. Do we have the ingredients?" Everyone turned to look at me and Nat smothered me in a hug. "Wanda Maximoff you are officially the best." "Ohhhh don't you thank me yet! You forgot to order them so you're gonna help me." "Ha! Little witch got youuu!" Bruce wooped as he clapped Nat on the back. "Oh come on Wan! You can literally levitate things with your mind. You don't need my help!" She tried to give me a pained expression but smiled and said she would help. 

I levitated all the dishes up and put them in the dishwasher as Steve turned it on, ruffled my hair, and sat back on the couch. Nat and I set everything up and we began to pour everything into bowls and mix the ingredients. Nat was mixing by hand and let out an exasperated sigh. "Wanda, no fair! You have powers and don't have to put any muscle into it!" I let out a loud laugh and only said, "So you can beat up killer robots without breaking a sweat but you consider baking cookies hard work?"

"You are such a pain!" She exclaimed and clutched her chest pretending to be in pain as she playfully shoved me. Thanks to Tony's overly expensive ovens, the cookies were finished in record time and I set them down on the coffee table. Everybody grabbed one and told me that I was a great baker. "These are so good Wanda! Since when could you bake??" 

"My parents taught me a great recipe when I was young." I replied as I chewed. They all nodded and kept munching and I rested my head on Vision's shoulder while jokingly offering him a cookie.

Later at about two in the morning, I was finishing up a chapter of my book when Tony, Clint, Steve, and Nat all barged in and threw themselves down on my bed. "Heeyyy!" I pouted. "I was in the middle of my reading!" "Mmmm readings gonna have to wait you bookworm." Tony declared.  "Yeah! It's about time you joined one of our fun traditions, 2AM MOVIE TIMEEE!!" Nat bellowed as she tackled me with a hug. I shook my head pretending to be bothered but couldn't hide my smile as I sat down and curled up with a soft blanket on the sofa along with everyone else. Bruce and Vision greeted me and Steve turned on the fourth Harry Potter movie. Vision smiled and put his arm around me as I moved closer to him.

We all giggled throughout the movie and by 4am everybody had fallen asleep and I curled up on Vision. He Stroked my hair as I fell asleep, and I felt happy and warm with my new family.

Hey again guys! Thank you for 100 reads, I'm so grateful!! I want to hear your thoughts on a question; currently I don't think I'm going to include civil war in this story unless you guys would like that. Let me know!

-e :))