Chapter 10

Sorry for the late update! Unfortunately one of my family members passed away so I was unable to write a new chapter last week. Thank you so much for reading! <3

Nat's Pov

Wanda was out cold and I had begun to panic. Over the past few weeks we had grown very close and I've started to think of her as a little sister. We were all tense as Bruce tried his best to keep her stable. 

The flight seemed to take forever, everyone was thinking and pacing while Wanda was trempling in her sleep. I stroked her hair hoping with everything in me that she would be alright. I hadn't known her for very long but I have no idea what I would do without her. Even after all the pain she's endured Wanda is one of the most caring people I've ever met. 

The Jet finally landed after what seemed like ages and I swiftly lifted her up and gently carried her into the tower. We all got in the elevator, and still no one said a word. Once we arrived at the top floor we ran into Vision. He had been keeping watch over the tower and hadn't come with us for the mission. He looked at all of our faces until his eyes arrived at Wanda, limp in my arms. 

"What happened?" He questioned worriedly. Steve opened his mouth to begin speaking but before he could answer Vision interrupted and started to speak again, "Never mind that. Inform me later. Right now Wanda's the top priority." He lifted her out of my arms and flew to the med-bay while we all ran to keep up with him. 

He layed her down with care in the bed that Dr. Cho had prepared before we landed. All of us watched silently while she hooked Wanda up to an I.V. and a heart monitor. I quickly sat down in the chair closest to the bed and held her hand. 

"C'mon Wanda, you're the strongest girl I know. Don't you dare leave us." I whispered. Dr. Cho and Bruce were giving Wanda scans and checking her vitals while Clint filled in Vision on what had happened. Vision looked at the floor sadly and took the seat on the other side of her bed. 

After about twenty minutes, Dr. Cho came back into the room with her scans with a somber look. Before she could begin telling us what was wrong with her Tony shushed her and pointed to Wanda. "Look! Her hands are flickering red, she's waking up." 

-

-

Wanda's Pov

I heard voices around me but was unable to move. Everything hurt and it felt like my body was on fire. I wanted to scream but was too weak. I kept drifting in and out of blackness until I finally opened my eyes and shot up, shaking and panting.

"Wanda! Wanda hey, you're okay, You're safe now." Nat said to me with kindness. I looked around and everyone looked like they hadn't slept in days. They all had dark circles (minus Vision)  and some looked like they had been crying. Still confused I weakly asked, "W-what happened?" As I sunk back into the soft bed. 

"One of those HYDRA bastards injected you with something. We're going to fix you though, don't worry kid. How do you feel?" "Everything hurts." I choked out. I wasn't one to let people know when I was in pain but I couldn't hold it in. I noticed the doctor holding a few scans and I asked her to tell me what was wrong.

"Well.. it's- it's worse than we'd hoped. The agent must have injected you with some kind of AI bug. It's doing something to your internal organs, it's shutting them down." I began to shake and Tony squeezed my shoulders. "Well, how do we stop it?" He demanded. 

Dr. Cho shook her head and sadly responded. "That's just it, we can't. To get it out would require us to touch it and of we do it'll self destruct inside her. She'll die on the spot." 

"So-so there nothing you can do? That's bullshit! You're the best doctor in the country. There has to be something!" Nat insisted, as she stroked my hair. "I'm so sorry.. but we can't do anything." She quietly responded. Everyone began arguing and trying to suggest things but everything they were suggesting would just speed up my death. The room got louder snd louder until I had a crazy idea.

"STOP!" I shouted. Everyone turned to me and hastily stopped talking. "I think- I think I can do it." I slowly confessed. "My powers, they wouldn't require me to touch the bug. I might be able to get it out of me." 

"What?! No, no way. That things growing more attached to you every second. It would take  a huge amount of power and precision to take it out of you. You could overpower yourself and die. We can't take that risk." Tony responded. I reminded him that I would die if I didn't try and everyone looked down with sadness. 

After much convincing they finally agreed to let me try. "If it get's too painful, stop right away. We'll figure something else out." Steve warned. I nodded my head and raised my hand but stopped. 

"V-vis.. could you hold my hand?" I asked softly. "Of course Wanda. We are all here for you." He replied while gently taking my hand in his. I slowly raised myself in the bed and raised my hand, red sparks forming out of it. I closed my eyes and searched for where I felt the awful bug inside me. It was moving fast but I felt where it was and was able to freeze it in place. I slowly used all the force I had to push it down towards my leg where there was already an open wound. It resisted and it took all of my force to keep my hold on the bug. My head was spinning and my eyes began to glow with red. 

It took all of my willpower to stay conscious and I was in a whirlwind of pain. I bit my lip and cried out with determination as tears began to leak out of my eyes. Everyone was looking at me, their faces etched with fear. No one dared to say a word and the room was silent minus my moans. The device was inches away from the wound on my leg where it would exit and the closer it got, the more it would fight. The entire room was shaking violently with red waves but I didn't let it distract me.

The awful bug finally reached my leg, and with one more scream I forced out up and out of me through the wound, and crushed it to pieces. My hand fell to my side and I collapsed back on to the bed. 

"You.. you did it." Nat whispered and cradled my head in her arms. "That was amazing kid, you're so brave." Tony gasped as he rushed to my side. My heartbeat slowed down and at last I could breath normally again. 

The entire group was softly telling me how good I did and tears of relief continued to fall out of my eyes. For some reason in that moment, all I wanted to do was settle down for the day with my family so I piped up and slowly asked, "Hey could we maybe.. watch a movie and have some food? I'm really tired and hungry." They all excitedly agreed, and Nat gently helped me up from the bed and led me to the couch in the common room. Clint handed me a huge blanket while Tony ordered a pizza.

We were all laughing and eating throughout the movie, and every ten minutes one of them would ask me how I felt. Near the middle of the movie a wave of exhaustion came over me and I sleepily rested my head on Vision's chest. He gave me a gentle kiss on top of my forehead and I dozed off into a comfortable silence.