↬26

[𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦]

trigger warning: none

-
hi do what the meme says or i will cry. i am also writing this at 3 am when i have to be awake in like 4 hours so ya. also i am starting this chapter off now because i have a good idea for it because all my good ideas come when im supposed to be asleep and i always forget them because i have extremely bad memory. anyways i dont know why i just wrote that but im going with it ok bye!

 anyways i dont know why i just wrote that but im going with it ok bye!

-

"hurry niki!"

river and niki were both sat in rivers room about to call karl. originally, niki was supposed to call him by herself but river insisted on being there with her. so there they were on rivers bed, phone in niki's hand and asteroid cuddled up to rivers lap, as she sat with her back against the wall.

river was- how do you put it- extremely fucking scared. in her defense, she hasn't heard karls voice since the day he left on that trip. now i think that's a valid reason to be as scared as she is in this moment.

"okok! calm down river! he cant know you are with me. you'll have to be quiet ok?" niki laughed at the very impatient girl

"ya ya! just hurry!" she said while nodding repeatedly. safe to say the nerves are long gone by now.

niki dialed karls number and immediately put it on speaker so river would be able to hear everything.

"hello??" a voice answered from the phone, a voice river knew all too well.

"karl! hello!" niki spoke to him as if river wasn't in the room, which to his knowledge, river...wasn't in the room.

"oh! hi niki! how are you?" karl put on his "happy" voice, but anyone can tell it wasn't his the "happy" voice he normally has, which is his normal voice.

"I'm good karl! thank you for asking!" niki turned to river to see her gesturing to keep going. "ugh actually thats what i called you for. how are you karl??"

"oh im doing good today niki!" river rolled her eyes at his response, but that's how karl always has been so she couldn't get mad.

"oh karl! we both know that's not what i meant. how are you really doing? how are you dealing with, well you know."

river heard a sigh come from karls mouth. she immediately felt sad. he rarely ever sighed, he didn't need to, he was always happy. so when he sighs you know something is wrong.