Chapter 35: Bloodshed

3rd POV:

Izuku sat in the war room and noticed how many hours had passed. Seven hours and twenty-five minutes was the official time of how long the large-scale battle had taken with all of the forces. Now, in the history of a war that might seem short compared to old-time wars but you got to remember that they now have quirks in these wars and they are far more destructive. Izuku wishes it didn't take that long but he knew it needed to be done. "Get me the death counts on all sides as soon as possible since I am sure we lost a good number of men due to these battles that sadly needed to happen. To think the government forces had that much willpower still is foolish but also scary. At least we only  have to focus on stabilization and then one war front from now on." Izuku said and all of the Verdant Guards nodded their heads as they too were shocked at the determination of the government ton to lose that large-scale battle. 

About 3 hours later the reports were starting to come in and they were able to get a good picture of the numbers overall since most of the count was done due to the clones they deployed to search and to find bodies. As it stood, the battle claimed 617,700 new lives with an overall war death count sitting at 852,000 deaths. The death count to each side was 525,000 total for the government, 105,000 total for Verdant, and 322,000 for the civilians. This meant the war was about to go past the 1 million death count mark which Izuku hated but he needed to finish this damn war! 

Overall, the government didn't have many forces left due to how many people had died. Most of them belonged to heroes, provisional heroes, police, and anyone that volunteered to join the government side in the war which Izuku found foolish of those people but it was their choice. Most of the military itself got wiped out but there was still a small chunk of the government forces that were on the front lines. As it stood, the only reason the government could put up any fight now was due to the fact that they dug in and would be able to hold out against a forward push from Verdant troops. 

Though this did mean that if the defense line was broken then it would spell the end because there weren't any troops really protecting them in other prefectures which Izuku planned to take advantage of as he was planning to send forces up o Hokkaido and have that large Island prefecture taken and then push forces down south to slowly take the north and force the government to hopefully split their forces in half which would make it easier to overrun them. Izuku did decide to call Nezu again and get an update from him on damage or deaths that UA suffered since the battle did stall a bit around UA for a period of time and Izuku hated to admit it but he was concerned a bit for everyone there.

Izuku called Nezu's number again and after a few rings, he answered. Izuku had the bug & memory user switch to where Nezu was at so he could see who was all in the room with him. Izuku saw quite a lot of students and parents. 'Nezu must have made all of the parents of students live on campus to help protect them. I wonder when he did that but oh well...' Izuku thought. "Hello Nezu, it's Verdant Emperor," Izuku said and Nezu greeted him as well and told him he was on speaker and they had most of the students of UA and their parents with them in the auditorium listening in. "That's fine. Apologies for not being able to give you a warning further in advance but I needed to defend against possible leaks of the attack since you saw how well fought the government forces were. How much damage did UA suffer?" Izuku asked as he watches Nezu on the projection. "Overall, some damage to the buildings but nothing structural so that will be fine. No deaths of anyone on campus but that doesn't include anyone that  held a provisional license that had been sent to the front lines sadly." Nezu said and Izuku could only apologize for their deaths. 

"I do know I have a large number of UA & Shiketsu High School students that were captured in several battles. across the front lines. I will send you a list of the students so you will know who is dead or not. They will of course be released once the war is over but I can guarantee their safety while under our care as I do for all other prisoners of war." Izuku said and Nezu thanked him for treating them with care and would be watching for the list as he will forward SHiketsu's to their school. Izuku then decided to hit the main topic they needed to talk about, "Nezu... as you know, UA is now under Verdant controlled territory. As such, I need you to surrender as I can't allow for a Pro Hero school to exist in my controlled land. We can meet to reach a compromise on the school's contained functions but I require a declaration of surrender from UA due to you being the top hero school. Do I make myself clear?" Izuku asked hoping none of the students from 1-A or 1-B were dumb enough to bring up the fact they already had a meeting about them giving up to Verdant rulership the same day Izuku launched his assault.