Chapter 25

"Ay, Shimme Shimme Ko Ko Bop, I think I-" The young officer sang along the song that blasted in his ears but couldn't continue when his senior smacked his head.

"You Idiot, our chief is undergoing surgery inside and you are here doing 'Shimmee Shimmee Ko Ko Bop'." Jinyoung rebuked the younger one.

"I'm sorry." He bowed a couple of times after getting up from the metal seats. Jinyoung sat down on the seat in frustration, collecting his thoughts in order to attain calmness. He has worked alongside Officer Byun for almost seven long years. And all those years, his chief went through a lot but he couldn't do anything to help him and that feels miserable.

He was going to accuse the asylum of being careless about their patients but then decided that he should be asking Baekhyun's opinion, after all, his wife works there.

Jinyoung knew the reason for Officer Byun's abhorrence towards Jungkook and also remembers the time when his chief desperately searched for the gang, it's a shame that still now he didn't find who is the mastermind.

Byun Jaehyun. Baekhyun's late brother was four years younger than him. Sadly, his life was a tragedy and his end was an unexpected misery in his older brother's life. Baekhyun believes that the sole reason for Jaehyun's death is the leader of Kangji.

Kangji. The small unorganized gang mainly active in Seoul is notorious for various crimes, they were never brought before the law because of the corrupt justice system. Baekhyun being the ambitious policeman couldn't spare their crimes as the others did, he went by the saying 'Everyone is equal before the law', if one commits something unlawful they should be punished.

Despite the countless failures and rejection from the seniors, Baekhyun didn't stop hunting for them. In that period of pressure and stress, he didn't notice what his brother got involved in.

Jaehyun, who was in his early twenties used to be a jolly, naive man who loved cooking and was majoring in arts. Visiting clubs wasn't his thing but when his college mates compelled, he decided to try something different. He didn't expect was to meet a new friend there who happened to be a gangster but innocent Jaehyun wasn't aware of the fact.

That's from where everything started going south, the change was drastic, a change that was completely bizarre. Jaehyun was one of the toppers of his year but his grades started dropping abruptly, started missing his classes, spending most of his time outdoors, and dressing like a completely different person.

It was like the old Jaehyun was nowhere to be seen. Baekhyun was perturbed when he came to know about everything, he and Taeyeon confronted Jaehyun but he just threw a tantrum and left, refusing to talk to them. Later, Taeyeon informed Baekhyun that recently a few dollars were going missing from her wallet frequently, it wasn't a good sign for the officer.

One day, Baekhyun came across his worst ordeal, his brother was arrested by his own officers for illegal drug consumption. Jaehyun was in such a high state that he couldn't even recognize his elder brother.

Baekhyun was heartbroken. Some were mocking him, some were pitying him, he was disgraced. Also, suspended for a few days from his department even he if didn't do anything.

The court gave its statement, it said either Jaehyun would be spending five years in prison or a fine of fifty-five million won should be paid.

Baekhyun and Taeyeon gave away a large part of their earnings to pay the fine. Jaehyun was released but this family of three was devastated.

Jaehyun promised that he will end everything for once and for all, Baekhyun forgave. They decided to leave for Busan and have a new start there, away from everything and everyone familiar.