Chapter 20

"Are you kidding me?" You watched Jimin stuffing his mouth with the chocolate cake whilst being speechless. When you reached the hospital in a hurry burry, were quite annoyed to know that he called simply because he missed you, couldn't believe it but he managed to steal Sulli's phone to do that.

"You look like it's your first time eating it." He gobbled another piece of the slice ignoring your comment. The bittersweet aroma of coffee was spread across the cafe along with people enjoying the drinks they favour.

"Here, eat up." You passed your cake to him, stunned by his eating. The chocolate syrup all around his lips. He looked like a hyena feasting on a deer.

"Now you look like a complete crackhead." On that, he looked at you and gave an unpredicted cheeky smile, chomping on the cake. You let out a scoff in astonishment. He looked cute as a baby bear.

"My dear Jimin, your duality is scaring me. Why are you in such a happy mood today?" You rested your elbows on the table and intertwined the fingers, looking pleased.

"Am I not allowed to be happy?" He took his smile back and fired back at you.

"No, just that it's quite unusual. I just can't believe this is you." He took a sip of his cappuccino and continued eating not bothered by you watching.

"Aigo, I can't be happier. This is how I want to see you every day." He paused on hearing your wish and spoke but you cut him thinking he was intending to talking about the almost kiss.

"About yesterday-"

"Yesterday what happened? Ah, you had a nightmare and almost choked me to death." Jimin gave you a nasty glare for interrupting him.

"I guess you saw your mother in your dream." He squeezed the fork which was clutched tightly in his fist and you didn't fail to notice it.

"Jimin you should try to face your fear only then you'll overcome it. I can understand your hatred for her but you shouldn't let that hatred destroy you." The chill atmosphere that existed a few seconds ago faded away gradually as each word was verbalized by you.

He listened to you quietly neither interrupting nor negotiating. After what felt like a millennium, he stopped pressurizing the fork, placed it beside the ceramic plate.

"Doctor, If you want to live longer then you better cut it out." His clenched jaws made it clear that he was dead serious, and his gruff tone made it sound even minacious.

You were quite surprised by the sudden change. Felt confused, where is the Jimin from a minute ago? Your eyes moved around the cafe to notice that the couple seated at the next table were looking over, especially Jimin.

"Isn't my friend cute when he is rehearsing such a character? Aigo, I'm so proud of you." You squeaked so that this won't create a scene. But being the bloody-minded person he is, didn't play along and continued glowering at you.

"I can't be happier seeing you act like this. You are the best, my friend." You got up from your seat and hugged his seated figure, gave a light peck on his cheek. And that made him scowl at you in shock. After all, you did that to calm him down.

"Be a good boy and eat everything you want." You whispered and cut a small piece of the mouth-watering cake and stuffed it into his mouth.

.....................

The sun was overhead brightly glowing, clouds of different forms were flowing across the blue sky. You were going to head back home after leaving Jimin exactly in his room. You sighed realizing he still has a long way to go.

While walking to your car you noticed Jungkook sitting at the garden staring pointlessly at the blank space ahead of him. You didn't talk to him since the fight with Baekhyun. So you approached him.