𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐥𝐲𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐲.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐈𝐈𝐈

As the sun crept up into the sky, the warm light came through the small window, illuminating the room orange. Lily was the first awake, showered and dressed before the other girls were even stirring. Marlene was the second one who was up, and yet subsequently was the last to get down to breakfast. Kasie had to physically shake Lani to get her up, rushing to get ready to head down to the Great Hall. Lani spent a few extra minutes trying to make herself look good before seeing Bucky again, which the girls taunted even though they were all guilty too. The five girls headed down, taking their usual spot, leaving space for the Marauders and Bucky. The boys were always running late, even though James was extremely punctual and ready before the rest of the boys, he waited around for them as they slugged around the room.

Bucky walked into the hall, looking around unsurely. Lani made eye contact with him and ushered him to come over. Bucky walked over casually and sat down. The girls couldn't take their eyes off him and Lani while they made small talk.

"Oi Evans!" James shouted from the hallway, making all the girls except Lily turn around. James was constantly shouting that to Lily with no response or reaction from her. As they walked over the boys' eyes wandered to the new member who was sitting eating sausages while small talking with Lani.

"You must be dick James, I'm James." Potter said as he sat down across from Bucky. Peter laughed and Sirius whistled as he took a seat next to Kasie. Remus shrugged and sat next to Lily and Mary, but not before passing a galleon to Lani, upholding the promise he made the following night.

"It's Bucky actually." Bucky blandly said before giving a dull smile and turning his attention back to the food on his plate.

"Fancy boys American? No wonder the ladies are frothing over him." James said in a snarky tone. Only Peter was encouraging him while the other two boys got their food. Lily gave James a death stare like no other, making James' ego shrink only slightly.

"Brooklyn, New York." Bucky said before taking a mouthful of fried egg and beans. Lani smiled to herself at how well he was deflecting James' attempts at annoying him.

"So Brooklyn boy, what are you doing in Hoggies?" James asked nonchalantly, trying to come across as least threatened as he could. The girls stared at him in confusion as he had never nicknamed Hogwarts 'Hoggies' before, clearly in an attempt to mark his territory but came across as incredibly dorky.

"Found out I had more than one magic wand and my parents sent me here." Bucky said while staring at James. Sirius and Remus snorted at his sexual innuendo, while the girls laughed and Mary choked on her toast. James smiled a disingenuous smile before moving on from the conversation and grabbing some food for his breakfast.

As breakfast finished the group walked back to their dorms to grab their books, before going off into their own classes. Marlene, Peter, Mary, and Remus headed off to Herbology, while James, Bucky, Lani, Kasie, Sirius and Lily made their way through the busy corridors to Defence Against the Dark Arts. The hallways were filled with the familiar buzz and stress as students with their books stashed in hands rushed through the broad bridges and hallways.

As the group entered the dark classroom, Lily immediately sat down to her best friend Serverus Snape, which made James' blood boil. Potter couldn't stand the broody mysterious best friend of his crush, and constantly taunted and basically bullied him. The rest of the Marauders hated his guts, just not as much as Potter perhaps. Lani, Kasie and Marlene felt the same way, while Mary tried to look for the best in everyone and never brought up the subject.

"Morning Snivellus, looking just as much as a prick as you did two months ago." Sirius jabbed as he took a seat next to Kasie and James. James chuckled while Lily glared at him and talked to Severus beside her. Lily and Severus had been friends from before Hogwarts, and though her friendship group never approved of the Slytherin, she continued to be friends with him.