𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐕.

Friday approached slowly for the group, filled with many classes and long nights studying. Though it was only the first week back, the workload never seemed to end. As the sun began to set on Friday afternoon, the girls headed back to their dorm rooms to begin getting ready for the party in the Slytherin Common Room. Sirius had managed to make an agreement with Regulus, even though the bad blood between the two brothers continued to exist.

Lily and Mary came over from their dorm to join the other three girls' dorm, to all get ready together. They sang together without any music, while applying light makeup and getting changed in the bathroom. They had candles set, letting the small hum of light flicker across the walls, creating a golden atmosphere. The room smelt of roses from the amount of perfume they sprayed. The mix of hippie and grunge looks that the girls were wearing complimented each other greatly, and they all posed in the mirror laughing together.

Meanwhile, the four boys in the other side of the dorm corridors were talking and making a list of the girls they were wanting to snog. The room reeked of cheap aftershave and unwashed clothes which Peter had left sitting.

"My list is Lily Evans and Lily Evans only." James said confidently. This came to no surprise to the boys, who laughed at their friends' stupidity.

"God that girl is so out of your league you'd be lucky if she even smiled at you." Sirius taunted.

"Yeah maybe when you're 80!" Remus chimed, which Sirius laughed at while James playfully elbowed him in the ribs.

"What about you Remus, who's on your snog list?" James asked while making his way over to the mirror to comb his hair.

"Uh- not sure..." This is true, Remus truly didn't know who he liked so he just sat back and enjoyed listening to his friends fantasies.

"Alright then, Peter who are you puckering up to?" James while mimicking he was kissing someone in the air, making the boys laugh.

"God no one, everyone's too hard to talk to. I'll just stick to hanging near the food table and small talking with strangers." Peter replied. He was a strange guy to be fair, he was always a bit slow and awkward, but the boys weren't one to judge...unless it was Serverus Snape.

"I hope Kasie finally kisses me tonight, Christ, that girl is scared to face her feelings." Sirius said. Kasie was in a position much like Remus, she was confused with her feelings. Marlene was her best friend, but a friend she always wanted to kiss. At the same time, she had been head over heels for Sirius since the first train ride in 1st year...it was the long black hair.

The boys finished getting themselves ready, and met with the girls who were waiting in the common room. They all greeted and complemented each other, throwing some sly flirtatious comments in there. As they began to make their way out of the Gryffindor corridor to embark on their journey to the Slytherin Party, Lani stopped them in their tracks when she realised Bucky wasn't there yet. Bucky was staying in his own dorm, he said he didn't mind being alone with his thoughts.

Lani went off to check on him, leaving her friends talking and huffing in the Gryffindor Common Room. As Lani went to knock on the door, it flung open and Bucky was standing there.

"Oh, hey. I was just coming to check on you." Lani said while inhaling his smell of cologne and admiring his outfit.

"Sorry I was just writing to Steve, are we all ready to go?" Bucky asked while looking around for the others. The group had included him quite a lot during the week, but Sirius and James still hadn't fully warmed up to him. Remus and Bucky had actually hit it off, and became friends quite quickly. Peter hardly spoke to him, but laughed at Bucky's blunt jokes and dry comments.