𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐨𝐥𝐟.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐈𝐕

A month passed. Classes went slowly, the weeks went quickly. The group had welcomed Bucky into the group, with him fitting in like he had been there for years. He was a natural prankster, so he and James got along great, even though the jealousy James felt about Lily liking him was still present. Bucky had also become more familiar with the band Queen and the band's best songs, and was usually caught whistling the tune around the grounds of Hogwarts.

Lani and Bucky had become extremely close, and Lani's initial crush on him had both strengthened and weakened somehow. She began to think of him more as a brother as the days passed by, but the attraction and tension he felt around him was stronger than ever, putting her into a strange situation. She asked Kasie about it, who had no useful advice since she was struggling herself. Mary and Marlene were also no help as they just kept telling her to snog him and base her decision on whether to keep it platonic or grow it into something more on how good he was. Lily tried her best to help her friend of course, but her lack of knowledge is where she was let down, so Lani just decided to keep things the way they were.

It was now mid October, which meant one thing to the group, Halloween was fast approaching.

"What's the plan for Halloween?" James asked as he took a seat in the Gryffindor Common Room where the rest of the group were already sitting. He was tossing a golden snitch with his right hand, and was messing up his fluffy hair with his right. He upheld a 'windswept' hair do, to remind people he was a Quidditch champion.

"I- I was planning on just staying in." Remus said, stuttering from nerves. Halloween night was the night of the full moon, which meant he would transform into a werewolf, a fact he hadn't shared with the group except for the Marauders.

"Why Remus? It's our favourite night of the year? We've always celebrated it together." Mary said, earning a nod from the rest of the group, except for the Marauders.

"It's fine, Remus we can plan something around...it." Sirius assured, which confused the rest of the group more.

"I'll be honest I'm lost." Peter said. Though he was well aware of Remus's condition, he was quite slow and didn't pick up on what was happening clearly. Sirius coughed while staring at him, making Peter look at him, as Sirius raised his eyebrows and quickly flickered his eyes to Remus, so quick the others didn't pick up. Peter realised what was happening, and shrunk a little as if he was trying to disappear.

"Ok you guys need some explaining to do, why are you all looking so suspicious." Kasie asked, mainly directed at Sirius as she knew she could get to him easiest.

"They're not being suspicious, they just don't want to go out Cullen." James said, looking around. James was probably the worst liar, ever. This wasn't great for him since he was a renowned prankster, and could never lie his way out of things. The group would pretty quickly pick up he was lying through his lack of eye contact, the way he was rolling his thumb around the golden snitch, and the blatantly obvious voice crack in the middle of the sentence. Remus and Lily both rolled their eyes at him. Lily, because she couldn't stand him, and Remus because he lied so terribly it put him in the worst situation.

"Potter you couldn't lie to save your life." Marlene said, making James pull a face of shock and offence, making Marlene laugh.

"Ok seriously though guys, why is Remus not coming out for Halloween?" Lani asked. The boys all looked at each other, before Remus nodded.

"Let's go to our dorm room." Remus said.

"We aren't allowed in, just say it here." Lani said. Remus's eyes turned desperate.

"No, let's go to our dorm room." Remus said in a soft yet stern voice. There were no further questions asked, and the group got up and followed Remus up to the boy dorm rooms. The girls had never been in the boys dorms before, it was strictly forbidden. They all snuck in and closed the door, while Remus casted the 'Muffliato' spell, to ensure no one eavesdropped on the conversation.

The groups' hearts were all pumping from nerves, but none like Remus's. Remus had accepted the fact he was going to be an outcast for the rest of his life until he found the Marauders. They saved him in so many ways that he could never express his love for them enough. Though they were boisterous and reckless at times, they opened their hearts to Remus, and accepted him for who he was. The boys were currently teaching themselves how to become Animagus, in the hopes that they take away some of the agony Remus experienced when in werewolf form.

"I have something that I want to tell you guys, and you can all react the way you want. It's really hard for me to share because I have hated myself for it since it was given to me." Remus went on. "You may have noticed that every time there's a full moon, I sort of...disappear for a while. That's because, well, I was bitten by a werewolf when I was 4 years old, and every full moon, I turn into one. Halloween night this year is a full moon, which means I can't go out and have to go to the Whomping Willow." Remus said, his voice shaking as if he might cry.

There was a still moment between the group, as they took a moment to process. The only noise in the room was the steady breathing of Remus, as his chest moved up and down in fear.

"They could walk out.

They could tell everyone.

They could humiliate me.

They could never speak to me again.

They could accept me."

As if on cue with Remus's thoughts, Lani stood up and wrapped her arms around him, which prompted Lily to do the same. A tear left Kasie's eye as she also stood up to hug him, while Marlene and Mary composed themselves to do the same.

"I don't care, well I care for you but I don't care." Kasie said in a muffled voice, as her mouth was against Remus's sage green jacket. Remus laughed softly, while a tear rolled down his cheek too. The relief he felt knowing that his friends knew, and that they could help him.

"We are trying to become Animagus to be with him when he's a wolf, it's taking a really long time. We asked Minnie to help us but she told us we were strictly forbidden from doing so, so now we are doing it secretly." James said, making the girls giggle a little at their blatant disobedience. Bucky sat, smiling at his new friend. He wasn't as familiar with the others of how agonising and dangerous the transformation from human to werewolf was, so he was unsure of how to express his feelings.

"Well why don't we still do something for Halloween? We can do it in the afternoon before the full moon? How about that Remus?" Lily asked, smiling sweetly. She truly had the kindest and warmest heart. James smiled softly at the dimples she had when she smiled, he thought they were adorable.

"What about if we do a party in the Common Room, the night before Halloween?" Marlene suggested. Remus smiled a smile that reached his eyes, and his heart swelled.

"Would you guys mind?" He asked quietly.

"No!"

"Of course not!"

The group assured him everything would be ok and began to excitedly plan their pre-Halloween party. Lani was passionate about this and making it good for Remus, and imputed every idea she had while supporting everyone else. From afar, Bucky watched her as she spoke, smiling to himself at how excited and caring she was. He had grown really fond of her friend, and loved watching her do something she loved. After a whole hour passed filled with excited chatter, they got up to get ready for their supper.

"Alright, pre-Halloween Party is a go, be there or be square" Sirius said smiling. Kasie and James laughed at his dorkiness even though he was trying to be cool. Remus had never felt so accepted and loved in his life, and knew in his heart that this was his family, and he would do anything to make sure he never lost them. 

(1425 words)