𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

October 30, 1974.

The flyers were stapled on every dorm room door in Gryffindor. In scrawny writing it wrote:

'Halloween Party, Gryffindor Common Room, October 30 (NOT 31ST), wear a costume!'

Almost everyone from Gryffindor was coming, along with a few strays from other houses. The common room was decorated in orange themed decorations, and Lily had taken it upon herself along with Mary to carve pumpkins for the occasion. James's heart swelled after seeing the hard work she had put in and how proud she was, he thought it was adorable.

The group had dressed up. Yes, the girls actually convinced the boys to dress up. Remus was up for it, and started planning his outfit far in advance. Sirius and James acted as if they hated the idea, but secretly loved coming up with costume ideas. Peter genuinely hated the idea, but followed whatever the other boys said. Bucky wore a costume from the Marvel comics, which none of the group had heard of since they weren't as popular in the UK, in comparison to the US.

As the groups got ready in their dorms, the atmosphere was filled with excitement and adrenaline. The boys were planning a prank to pull at the party, while the girls were planning how Mary was going to ask a guy from Ravenclaw to dance. 

"Just walk up to him and swing your hips loads, boys love that!" Marlene gushed, while the girls laughed. The group started prancing up and down the dorm room with dramatic hips swings and pouty lips.

The costumes the group were wearing were diverse and appropriate to each person.

The four Marauders boys did a group costume, naturally. They dressed as the band Queen, with James as Freddie, Sirius as Brian, Remus as Roger and Peter as John. For a group of boys who were supposedly opposed to costume ideas, they went full out. Bucky was dressed as 'The Winter Soldier' from the Marvel comics, with a painted metal arm and a black leather jacket. He kept his hair down and shaggy, and had some of Marlene's black eyeshadow smeared across his eyes.

The girls had decided against a group costume, mainly because they were too indecisive. Marlene was dressing as Stevie Nicks, which came as no surprise to the girls. Kasie was going as Princess Leia from the new franchise, Star Wars, with space buns and a long white dress. Lily was dressing as David Bowie, teasing her hair and painting on a red lightning bolt over her eye. Mary was dressing as Cher, wearing an eccentric outfit and makeup, and straightening her long black hair. Finally, Lani was dressed as Sandy from Grease. She wasn't sure about it at first, but after a heated debate of the girls convincing her that she could impress Bucky in it, and Lani trying to convince them she didn't like him that way anymore, she wore it. Mary curled Lani's hair, added rep lipstick to finish the look, and of course, put on the tight black top and pants. They all looked amazing and took a photo on Lily's muggle device, a film camera.

The boys were out and ready early, to get the music blasting and adding final touches to the common rooms decorations. As minutes passed by, bodies of students spilled into the main common room, many making a beeline for the incredible food table Lani and Remus had planned out. By sunset, the atmosphere was electric, with the stench of aftershave, perfume and firewhiskey filling the air. The girls decided that it would be only appropriate to show up fashionably late, in order to have the most dramatic entrance they could conjure. As darkness fell on the school, the girls made their grand entrance into the room. They immediately caught the eye of Remus, who elbowed the other boys who were standing smuggling firewhiskey from a pocket flask. Lani looked immediately for Potter, taking in his fit physique being accentuated through his tight shirt. James, on the other hand, darted his eyes immediately to Lily, with her fiery red hair and eye-catching makeup. His mouth gaped open while Lily rolled her eyes and walked over to snatch the firewhiskey out of James's hand.