°°°°Chapter Three°°°°

Chapter Three

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Cody's sleep was filled with horrible, twisted dreams. Her most memorable one was the worst out of all of them.

The night was silent but figures twirled around her in slow motion. The only noise that was to be heard was her own breathing. She clutched something in her right hand and was slowly walking towards a small boy that stood defensless on the cold ground. He tried to escape and had a horrified expression on his face. As he turned to run his foot hit a crack in the stone causing him to fall to the ground. His sword slid across the slick stone and was out of his reach. He turned to face her and pulled out a ring that fit his finger perfectly. When he slipped it on his body turned into smoke.

'Fool.' she thought to herself, 'The Ring's power does not work on me.'

A smile crept across her face at the boy's stupidity and walk closer to him. As she neared she could almost smell the boy's fear when he relized he had no chance of escape. His body shook when she showed him her black dagger. Quicker than lightning she lashed out at the boy and hit him in the chest. She smiled in satisfaction as he screamed out in pain and she dug deeper. When she was removing the dagger she twisted it so she caused as much pain and damage as she could. When the dagger was exposed she noticed the tip of it was missing and was probably still embedded in his chest.

The evil that had clouded her eyes was removed and she could finally see what she had done. She looked down at the bloody boy and she sank to her knees and wept. She tried to stop the bleeding with her hands but to no avail. She looked down at her blood stained hands and screamed in terror. Her hands shook and her gaze slowly fell on the dagger that she still held in her hand. The blade was slick red with the boy's blood. She dropped the knife and when it hit the ground it instantly turned to dust.

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

Her first dream was not horrible in anyway. She was standing in a brightly lit room with round windows. When she looked out one of the windows she saw a crystal blue ocean crashing against the side of a cliff. The grass that laid out side was pushed flat to the ground by strong winds. A hobbit stood on the edge of the cliff with his legs spread shoulder length apart and his arms crossed in front of him. The wind whipped his hair around his face but he did not seem to mind.

Cody walked out to meet him but before she had even reached him he started talking to her.

"Sometimes I think to myself, 'Why did we ever come here?'" he turned to face her and his eyes were filled with tears.

"I don't know how to answer that." was all she said.

"Of course you don't, you only came because of me." he growled.

"Yes, I came because I love you Frodo! I could have easily stayed behind and led a good life. I wouldn't have been happy though with out you."

Frodo embraced her in a hug and they burst out in tears. Cody could have stood there forever but it was soon over and the dream shifted on to the next.

------Sorry this one was equally as short but I promise this time, pinky promise, that the next one will be longer.:)--------------