°°°°Chapter Fourteen°°°°

Chapter Fourteen

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

The leaves were the color of ripe limes in late May. Some of the ones that fell from the tree were the color of pale gold, like the light from the sun in the early morning. The trees were quite large and the bark was the color of a Barnvelder hen.

They stood, however, in a clearing full of the softest grasses. To their right rested a slope with two circles of trees on its top. The ones that caught Cody's eye were the snowy white trees. The branches were bare and were not adorned with any flowers or leaves. They were sad looking trees with their nakedness but they were strangely beautiful in Cody's eyes. The second circle of trees were mallorns. All of the leaves that covered their large branches were the color of the richest gold.

Frodo stood in a daze as well, admiring the trees. She noticed that Haldir walked up to him and asked him something. He walked up the slope with Frodo by his side. She longed to go up there and take in the view with him but she knew that if Haldir wanted her there too he would have said something to her.

As she was standing there she relized that Aragorn still had her sword in his belt. The Fellowship was unpacking, for they were staying the night in the clearing, and she saw her sword glinting in the slowly fading sunlight. It was propped up against a pack and rested beside Aragorn's sword.

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

Boromir watched her as she padded up to her sword. He had an idea as to what was going inside of her. He noticed that she acted as if she she had head aches in the strangest places. She would do things that he would not expect from a hafling, like her quickness to grab a sword. He saw her slice the clothe right down the middle with her strange sword. He had never seen a sword like that in any battle before and he had been in far to many to count.

He knew that her sword was not man made nor orc made. He also relized that while they were Moria the orcs had never once touched her. They would look at her with confusion as she battled through them and she was the only one who escaped with out a bruise or cut.

He watched her suspiciously as she grabbed the hilt of the strange sword and sheathed it.

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

Cody felt eyes bore into her back as she sheathed her sword. When she turned around she saw Boromir staring at her. He was sitting on a fallen log with his hand to his mouth as if he was thinking about something. His index finger was resting diagonally across his lips and the rest of his fingers were wrapped around the side of his chin. She did not know why he was watching her but it troubled her greatly.

"Cody!" she heard someone call her name and she spun around in circles trying to find the owner of the voice. Finally, at the edge of the clearing, she saw Merry waving his arms in the air trying to get her attention.

"You look like a fool Merry!" she joked. He did not take head to her words and started to jump up and down as well. Cody laughed at how silly he looked and skipped into a jog. "Do you need something?"

Merry's cheeks turned a shade of red and he looked at the ground. She knew something was up because Merry never blushed in front of her. When he didn't respond she turned to walk away when he asked, "Can, can you walk with me?" She turned back to him and with a smile on her face said, "I'd love to."

--------------------Sorry this one was shorter but I really wanted to publish something today sooooo...... here it is!!!!! Also to before I forget again this chapter is dedicated to @Mimi34 she has read my book all the way and has helped me with a few parts!! Thanks Mimi!!!!! *Clears throat* +in a serious tone+ Carry on.-----------------